Chapter 11 - Bite me

Eclis' face remained impassive as he approached me, kneeling in front of me still sitting on the bed. Instinctively I tensed at the contact, but his hands gently lifted my arm towards him. He paused before he leaned in, checking my reaction. A smile tugged at the corners of his mouth. Am I blushing right now? He didn't give me time to worry about it, he was already close enough that his breath tickled my arm. When his lips brushed the inside of my elbow I unconsciously pulled away, but his gentle grasp locked my arm in place.

"It won't hurt this time," His lips tickled as he whispered the words, "I promise." His eyes locked with mine for a second and I forgot myself. My heart must've stopped. I watched his lips part and his tongue dance across my skin. Two pricks of pain were overshadowed by a strange warm pleasure emanating from where he was kissing. Ah, he already bit me. Pure pleasure radiated from the spot, quickened by my racing heart. His tongue lapped at the sensitive skin there and immediately my thoughts went exactly where I was trying to avoid. Unlike our fist time, his draws were slow and languid. As if he were savouring every sip. Warmth rushed to the spot he was touching me, but also to the spot I wanted to be touched. My mind became slow and sluggish, and it was impossible to focus on anything but him. This was suffering, in the best possible way.

I don't know how much time passed between us, but the cool feel of the cabins air touching the spot where he bit brought me back to reality. An unwelcome thought struck me. Vampires could smell when someone was aroused.

"Well. I am tired now; you must be busy with..." I quickly retreated into the bed passing the canopy, "Whatever you were working on. I won't hold you up any longer." His eyes followed my every move as I pushed myself further backwards on the bed. Just as I had flipped the blanket over me cutting off my sight of him, the smile he gave me struck my heart. Never cross the line in the sand Jazz, he's too much for you.

The room was dead silent, and I agonized over what he was doing right now. When he purposefully made a noise beside the bed I flinched. Right, vampires move silently.

"You must be extremely tired, to try to sleep fully clothed." I burned inside hearing the amusement in his voice. A rosy pink nightgown was placed across the bed. I watched his shadow reach to a place on the wall and the once see-through curtains turned opaque while at the same time a light above the bed begun to glow. "Sleep well."

I waited for a few moments before sitting up. In truth I was still tired. The rest I'd gotten wasn't nearly what I'd needed but there was no way I could sleep with him in the same room. The night gown taunted me. 'How ever will you change into me if you have to be naked in the room with him?' Tch.

Working as fast as my fingers would allow, I unchanged from the fancy gown I was wearing. My cheeks flushed the moment I realized I was naked in the same room as him. Frantically I fumbled at the nightgown, pulling it over my body as if my life depended on it. It very well could, Eclis of all the male leads in the book was very possessive. A quality I really liked about him... And only more reason we could never cross that line.

Like I had predicted, sleep didn't come easy. That smile was haunting me. He knew. I knew he knew. Even now I felt hot and my heart was racing. My cheeks flushed. Why is my body such a traitor? WHY.

To distract myself I checked where he had bitten me. The skin on the inside of my elbow was pristine. Like nothing had happened. It made me think about how well the vampires in this world were built to hunt humans. Their saliva could heal our wounds, act as an anesthetic, a poison, or aphrodisiac. They even had a type of 'venom' that gave a person a high, releasing a massive amount of dopamine every time the vampire touched them. They could make a person literally addicted to their presence. I took a deep breath. Thankfully, it seemed Eclis hadn't used such tactics on me, and I knew that of all the male leads in the book, he wasn't the type to use them. It took at least an hour for myself to calm down.