Hour 1

" Want me to help you up?" he asked.

I shook my head and smiled.

" I guarantee that we're gonna be running a lot, so I better start trying to walk on my own," I said.

Bryson nodded his head in agreeance and got up out of his chair.

" There's plenty of wood around here," he said.

" And?"

" And that's how we get weapons. We make them," he said.

I nodded my head and slowly got up from my chair. Bryson walked over to the door and opened it.

" After you," he said.

I smiled and slowly walked over to the door, then outside.

I looked back and Bryson had closed the door and headed to the back of the house.

" Where are you going?" I asked.

" An ax. I need to chop wood up with something," he said.

I rolled my eyes and walked over to the fire pit.

" Got two axes! One for me and one for you!" Bryson yelled.

He walked over to me and handed me an ax.

" So what do we do?" I asked.

" Find wood, duh," he said.

" What are we going to make?"

" Pointy stuff. We don't have guns so stabbing them is the next best thing," he said.

" That means we gotta get close to them," I said as I looked off to the side.

" Guess someone gotta grow some balls." Bryson joked.

I rolled my eyes and got up off the log.

" I mean I have pretty big balls, so I can give you some of mine," he said.

" Gross!" I yelled as I pushed him.

He laughed as he ran his hand through his hair.

" Kidding of course," he said as he walked off.

I chuckled and began to follow Bryson.

Bryson suddenly stopped walking when we came across a large tree with a wide trunk.

" Ain't she a beaut?" Bryson asked.

" Looks like a regular tree," I responded.

Bryson chuckled and walked closer to the tree. He raised his ax and began to chop off branches one by one. I walked over to the other side of the tree and started to chop branches off the tree.

" You gotta pile yet?" Bryson asked.

I looked down at the ground and noticed I did have a pile, but it was kinda small.

" Yeah, it's not a lot though," I said.

Bryson laughed and picked up his pile of sticks and began to head back to camp. I suddenly heard a branch snap in the distance. I raised my ax in the air and looked out into the forest. I heard a pile of sticks fall to the ground and footsteps slowly progress towards me.

" Stay close," Bryson whispered.

I nodded my head and tightened my grip on the ax. We then heard something rustling through leaves in the distance. We began to slowly move closer to the sound. I then saw a head poke out from behind a tree not far from us.

I then dropped my ax and let a tear fall down my face.

" Clariece!" I yelled.

She then completely revealed herself. Then a boy slowly came from behind the tree as well.