Chapter Steven- Steves little sister

"Hey guys." We both quickly turn away from each other as Ponyboy and Johnny walk up to us. I can see that Two-bit is also with them, "What are y'all two doing?" Johnny ask. "Man nothing." He say as he stands and swings his arm around Johnny and leads him inside. "Hey wait up." Pony joins Johnny and Dally inside, leaving me with Two-bit. He sits next me on the step, "Now I know I might be a little drunk, but I'm pretty sure I saw you and Dallas about to lock lips." I look over to him. "I don't know what your talking about Two." I chuckle nervously, "I'm not the kind of person to tell your brother." "Than don't tell him." I cut him off knowing damn well that if Steve hears about this I'll get the talkin to of my life. "I'm not Y/N." He says messing with the can in his hands.

"Here take a sip." He hands me a can of beer in a brown paper bag, I take it and take a big swig out of the can. "Thanks Two." I hand him back the can, he declines "Keep it kid, I'll get a fresh one out the fridge." I nod and he gets up and head in to the Curtis house. I sit out for a little big just to look at the stars and process what just happened, Dallas Winston almost kissed me, I can't help but laugh to myself about the fact that I can't stand Dally and for some reason I would have let him kiss me. I decide it's best if I turn in for the night so I get up and walk peak my head inside the Curtis house, "Hey Steve I'm heading him." He turns from his card game with Soda and nods, "Alright, be safe." He says to me. I close the door, and begin to walk home. I wonder if dads home, he hasn't been home since I got here. Dad is a little nicer to me than he is to Steve, I guess since I'm the youngest and the only girl. Trust me I don't think it's fair at all, him and Steve get into it sometimes and usually it's verbal but other times it can turn more physical.

I wonder if a year could change that.

    Steve and I's mom passed a couple years ago which threw our dad into an abusive spiral, he's never laid a hand on me though. Sometimes when it gets real bad Steve comes sleep in my room, he says it's to protect me but I know that it's really because it makes him feel better. We were really close as kids, my brother was my best friend.

    I walk up to the door of my house and noticed that my dads car was in the driveway, shit I better just get straight to my room. I throw the beer can that Two gave me in the trash outside, and than make my way inside. All the lights are off so he must be in his room, I go into mine and get ready for bed then turn in for the night.

——————

       "God damnit son!" I am awoken to this and than the door to my room being slammed. "What happened?" I ask still half asleep, "Nothin Y/N go back to sleep." My brother says to me. I turn back on my side and doze off, I can feel Steve laying next to me. I get myself to wake up enough to turn to him, "Answer my question, what happened?" He's laying on his back looking up at my ceiling, "Dads just freaking out again. Nothings change since you've been gone." I guess not much can change in a year, "You okay?" I ask him "Yeah I'm fine, he just yelled at me." He says back. "What for?" I ask yet another question, "For the damn sky being blue, what doesn't that yell at me for." He says the first part sarcastically. I turn my back to him, "You should get some rest Y/N." Steve says "Goodnight." I say in response "Night kid."

     I will always appreciate my big brother.