Episode 1

EXT. NEW YORK CITY FLOWERSHOP – DAY.

GRAYSON CHASE, (18, bright-eyed, heart-on-his-sleeve, romantic) BURSTS through flower shop door BREATHLESS. NOISE of BACKGROUND TRAFFIC swells in background. Grayson frantically RINGS front desk BELL.

GRAYSON:
Mrs. J? Mrs. J?! Are you there? I know I'm here early, but I gotta flower emergency only you can fix!

GRAYSON (VOICE OVER):
When people ask me about what happened that day, they always lead off with the same question—

GRAYSON:
I know you're back there, Mrs. Jackson!

Grayson RINGS the bell multiple times until ADRIA JACKSON (67, stern, lovable elderly shop owner) SHUFFLES up to front desk.

MRS. JACKSON:
Do you see what time it is, Gray?

GRAYSON:
Aww, c'mon! It's important.

GRAYSON (VOICE OVER):
--'Grayson, what's the last thing you remember?'

MRS. JACKSON:
We open at 10:00.

GRAYSON:
I know but--

MRS. JACKSON:
--Did you see the "closed" sign on the door?

GRAYSON:
Yeah, but you always leave it open for me. I'm the best delivery boy you've got.

MRS. JACKSON:
And the most clingy. Come back at 10:00 and we'll talk.

GRAYSON:
I can't—I have a date.

MRS. JACKSON:
A date? You sure you're not getting gold-fished again?

GRAYSON:
It's catfished, Mrs. J.

MRS. JACKSON:
That's what I said.

GRAYSON:
(laughing)
Anyway, this new girl's the real deal. No more online dating for this guy. The last girl I dated gave off total stalker vibes, so I cut her off.

MRS. JACKSON:
What'd she do? Call you at all hours of the night? Show up unannounced like someone else I know?

GRAYSON:
Nah, I didn't let it get that far.

MRS. JACKSON:
How long were you "together"?

GRAYSON:
A month-ish? If you could even call it that. She started following all my friends and family online, so I bailed. It was nothing serious anyway. Ya' know, like a pre-college fling.

MRS. JACKSON:
Did she know that? A woman has the right to know when she's not wanted.

GRAYSON:
Not really, I kinda ghosted on her at the start of first semester, but it took her four months to get the message.

MRS. JACKSON:
See? The internet isn't doing your generation any favors.

GRAYSON:
Exactly! That's why I decided to ditch my digital life. No email, texting, or social media. Keeping it old school. Calls only.