21st Century Ice

Basically the main character is found completely encapsulated in ice. It is however many years into the future and the ice is stored for modern science. One day the ice melts due to an immense heat wave as a one of the remaining effects of global warming. The world has completely changed. Cultures have change and adapted to be more environmentally friendly and humanity has finally connected to nature and the world they are a part of. However the change has come a tad bit late. Some things can never be reversed, many animals have gone extinct and little is now known about the life of those from the past. Documents, recordings, most data, and old ways of living have been lost to time, replaced with nature embracing peoples. The change is objectively positive but as humanity does, curiosity prevails. The discovery of this ancient human is Ground braking as the debate begins; do we attempt to waken the slumbering human or leave them be in the natural state they were in. The heat wave gives little time for preparation and now governments, scientists, and humanity has to figure out what to do with this human.

The human speaks a long since dead language. They struggle with everyday things and eventually ends up living with a large group of scholars that travel the world with the human, both teaching and learning from each other, and amazing this new world with the horrors of the past and the beauties they may never experience.

So, yes, I am indeed a drama queen but in essence human from our time is frozen in ice, and unfrozen many years into the future. Everyone is amazed by what the past used to be like and the human is even more shocked to see what the worlds has become.