Chapter 23

Are you sure about this, Ty?" I asked as we walked down the staircase, our hands intertwined

Are you sure about this, Ty?" I asked as we walked down the staircase, our hands intertwined. It never ceased to awe me, how close Tyler and I got over the last few weeks. At this point, he felt like a brother to me. And I was sure he felt just as warmly about me.

His heart was practically beating out of his chest as he gathered himself to answer my question, "Yes, it's time. I can't live like this anymore, not when my own sister wants to hold it against me. I won't allow it" He said confidently. I muttered a small "okay", knowing it was still hard for him. He smiled weakly and we made our way into the holiday home's dining room.

Everyone was already seated at the table, which only made our entrance more awkward.

"Ah, finally, the young lovebirds have joined us!" Mrs.Bradshaw chuckled, smiling brightly as we took our seats at the dining table.

Tyler grimaced slightly as her words met our ears, making my heart clench. I couldn't imagine what he was going through. I wish I could help him, make him go through this painlessly.

"Shall we?" Mr.Bradshaw raised his glass of wine, encouraging everyone to join him. Over the last few days here, in Italy, I noticed Mr.Bradshaw was a fan of alcohol. Everywhere we went, he seemed to have a cocktail, a beer, a scotch...you name it. Tyler did mention, that his father got rowdy when he drank. Which only made me dread this confession more.

"Oh, dear, you shouldn't be drinking!" Mrs.Bradshaw was appalled as Brittany sipped on some wine carelessly. Everyone's heads snapped to the pregnant monster, taken by surprise. I take it my brother and Bethany had no idea she was pregnant.

"Oh my gosh!" Beth gushed, placing her palm over her shocked expression. Ah, poor Bethsie, always the oblivious ray of sunshine. "You guys, this is great news! Congratulations-"

"I wouldn't rush with that just yet, Beth!" Tyler interrupted with a cheeky grin on his face as he stared at Brittany with hidden hatred. "Wait till you hear who's it is" He added, flashing Bethany a wink before he turned his attention back to his sister.

"What are you on about?" Mr.Bradshaw cleared his throat, his features quickly darkening with anger. I tensed, but Tyler placed a hand on my knee to make sure I stayed calm. I had discussed my anger issues with him, only briefly. But he seemed to understand me completely, even when he didn't know all the details. That's how I knew he was a true friend.

Brittany's eyes widened at the tension in the room before they found mine. She looked... undeniably wicked. Like an ugly, disgusting, old witch. Her eyes crinkled with obvious hatred and I smirked, silently telling her to bring it on.

"It's not Hunter's" Tyler sneered, enjoying his evil sister's downfall. And down she will fall, without a doubt. But at what cost? If Tyler will fall too.

"What?!" Mrs.Bradshaw shrieked, dropping her cutlery onto her empty plate.

Hunter's eyes danced between all of us, trying to understand what Tyler had just stated. His eyes landed on mine as if asking if this was all true. I gulped but nodded anyway, knowing he needed me to confirm it. Then, his eyes darkened as he switched his attention to Brittany. "What did he say?" He asked her, eyes dead set on her's as she squirmed under his furious glare.