TWENTY-TWO

Please overlook the typos.
______________________________

"I need to show you something. Please follow me to my cabin."

"Sure." Rehan said and followed the doctor.

"Mr Mirza, has your wife consulted any doctor or thought about going through surgery for trying to retrieve her eyesight?"

Rehan was dumbfounded. He never even though about such a thing.

"We just recently got married actually...." He began an hopeless explanation.

"Oh, I understand." She nodded.

Then it clicked him. If she was asking such a question. Did that nean...
"Doctor, is there a way Muskan can get her eyesight."

The doctor smiled nodding and the happiness that Rehan felt at that moment was indescribable.

"Really?!"

The doctor giggled at his excitement.
"Actually, when I checked her before, I noticed that mostly her cornea was the only part that seemed damaged in both her eyes." She showed him a picture for explaining.
"Corneal transplantation, also known as corneal grafting, is a surgical procedure where a damaged or diseased cornea is replaced by donated corneal tissue. When the entire cornea is replaced it is known as penetrating keratoplasty. So if we can find a cornea donation that suits her, we can retrieve her sight."

"Just a cornea donation?"

"Yes, it will take the hospital a few weeks to find a suitable donar but by that time even her current injury will heal to so that there shouldn't be a risk of infection. If you allow it, we can start looking for it from now on." She informed.
"It's strange though. Her parents or guardians must've been informed about this in the very beginning. Why didn't they try it out sooner?"

Rehan frowned.
Why would they? Then they wouldn't get to torment her all those years and take over her property.

"Maybe because she was too young. Never mind that... I'm her husband now and she's my responsibility. Just find a donar as soon as possible. That's great news doctor. Thankyou soo much! I'll talk to Muskan about it too."

His happiness had no bounds but he was worried too. His Butterfly was soo delicate, would she be ok?
"But doctor, there's no danger in this surgery, right."

"Of course not. The only danger can be a cornea rejection but that only happens in like 10% cases. But we won't let that happen. Medical science had improved a lot now and many men and women have successfully retrieve thier sight like this. Please rest assured. You're wife will be in safe hands."

####
"After checking Muskan's eyes the doctor told me that....
There's a chance her eyesight could come back!"

Everyone's places lit up like the full moon in the night sky. They were all just soo happy to hear that. However, Muskan was frozen with shock.

"Butterfly?"

She said nothing but a tear cascaded down her cheek that Rehan quickly wiped away.

"Rehan....c...can I really....s...see again?" She questioned unconsciously gripping at his shirt.

"Yes butterfly....you can see the world again!" He assured her.

She didn't knew whether to laugh or cry so she hugged him tight shedding tears of joy on his neck.
"Thankyou Rehan.... thankyou soo much...."