Ch: 10

The maroon car gets smaller as it goes farther and farther from his sight. Gulf stood dumbly outside for an hour, only looking down. He then realized that he was still wearing the golden ring around his finger. He remembered that Mew wasn't wearing it anymore, he actually left his wedding ring at the nightstand earlier. Gulf clenches his right hand and saw how the ring was still shining. He could still even see his reflection. It made him thought, at least your color didn't fade like our love did.

He was rethinking if this was all a bad dream. Sadly, it wasn't. He felt like he ran out of tears but his heart was still broken. This was the reality he was scared to face. Gulf sighs softly.

Not bothering to lock the gate, with hollowed eyes he went back inside the house. As he entered, it felt even emptier than before. Suddenly, the colors around Gulf were disappearing and his vision went blurry as he staggers at the side. His head ached as he held his forhead and leans at the door frame. "Just a few more..." He whispered to himself as he pulls out the small bottle with shaking hands and once more, gulping the tablets in one go. He coughs harshly as he held his stomach in pain.

He takes a deep inhale and exhales slowly. Gulf felt how his state was getting worse and his stomach was like twisting arnd tearing itself. He cursed under his breath as he takes out his phone and dials a certain number.

The number you have dialed is now unattended, please try your call later...

Gulf's vision was blackening and suddenly he felt like vomiting. Fuck, the pain killers and the light medicine weren't working anymore. His insides were like churning and his breathe hitches with the deep breath he'd intake. He felt suffocated, his mouth gaped as strings of saliva started dripping at the corner of his lips. Gripping the door frame for balance, Gulf felt the extreme pain from his stomach as his diaphragm contracts. Tears were already forming frorm his eyes as he felt something bubbling it's way out from the inside as his throat suddenly felt tight. With a painful contraction of his diaphragm, he throws up a good amount of blood on the floor. The blood was splattered on the once pure white tiles that were now tainted with the shade of dark red with bits and small particles of brownish coffee-like grounds sticking and mixing with the bloody color. The air was stenched with the iron smell with the mix of a nauseous vomit.

Gulf's knees weaken as he sat down on the floor beside the bloody mess. He was losing strength as his eyes were slowy closing and his breath became shorter. His phone had some blood stains on it as he holds it shakingly and dials the number again. After a few more tries of calling the contact number, someone finally picked up. "Hello? What is it this time, Gulf?" His step-brothers voice was heard at the other line and Gulf pants heavily as he coughs out more and his shirt became damped with blood.

"W-Win, take me to the hospital.." He whispered and before he could add more to his words, he can no longer see the light as darkness engulfed him.
°°°°°

The car ride was silent as Mew stares ahead at the road. "Hey Mew, it's such a waste to give the house to him. It was your hard work," Amy said as she sits comfortably at the front seat. "He doesn't have anywhere to live."

"Oh please, let him go back to his family. What's he gonna do in a huge house all by himself?" She said as she huffs. "lt's okay, we have our own house at the city."

"Ah, but I want our own, too, not in an urban place," she whined and pouted at him. "We'll get one soon after we settle down." Amy smiles and gives her fiancèe a kiss on the cheek with a giggle.