Epilogue

***

The next morning, as they sat drinking their morning cup, Brett felt Eddy's heart eyes all over him. He turned to him abruptly.

"You're doing it again. The eye thing. What is that, anyway?"

Eddy leaned back for a fuller view.

"Research." He draped his arm over the back of his chair. "Don't worry about it."

He chuckled to himself.

"What's so funny?" Brett asked. Eddy smiled.

"I almost fired our editor."

Brett looked puzzled.

"Why?"

"Because she told me to confess my love."

Brett's mouth formed a small "o" as the gears turned in his head. He looked into Eddy's eyes.

"Are you glad you took her advice?"

"I guess that depends on whether you can tolerate the miasma of my affection," he said, grabbing Brett's collar to pull him in for a kiss.

"Dude, what the fuck even is a miasma?"

Eddy sniffed ceremoniously and pushed his glasses up his nose.

"Google it."

"Yeah, well. How about we just keep the miasma between you and I for now," Brett said, tracing his finger up a vein in Eddy's arm.

"Yes, you and I," Eddy said quietly.

"And possibly our downstairs neighbors," Brett said with the bemused little smirk that always crossed his lips when he was satisfied with himself. Eddy replied with a light sock to his arm.

The sun bathed the morning as radiantly as their smiles, and the two expeditioners stood on the shore, surveying their newly found island paradise. A tumultuous and unruly sea was behind them and a dense undergrowth lay before them, brimming with life; rife with uncertainty. 

But it was okay. 

They had time. They had the morning sun. Each took a sip of coffee. It was going to be a good day.

***

~  Thank each one of you for reading, and for your lovely stars and comments - they mean the world to me!  

I hope you had as much fun reading as I had writing. Keep your eyes out, I will add more shorts and one-shots, some sweet and some sexy... as plentiful inspiration strikes. ;-)