Sundel Bolong

Origin: Indonesia

A Sundel Bolong is a female ghost that is similar to the Kuntilanak, with a pale face, long black hair, and long white dress.

The only difference is that she has a large gaping hole in her back through which her internal organs can be seen.

This is because the Sundel Bolong died while being abused and gave birth to a baby in the grave.

She will appear as a beautiful woman walking alone on the road at night and will cover the hole in her back to hide her true nature.

She usually preys on men but also pregnant women and steals newborn babies.

In one version, it is said that the Sundel Bolong was a beautiful woman forced into prostitution. She was killed by a client stabbing her multiple times in the back.

In another version, she became pregnant outside of marriage and died during childbirth. And apparently, her baby was then born out of her back, therefore the big hole in her back...

The Sundel Bolong is also seen as a seductive woman. She lures men, and when they approach her, she shows them the bloody hole in her back where they can see her organs. This is enough to make the men lose their consciousness.

When the men black out, the Sundel Bolong eats their organs.

If a man rejects the Sundel Bolong, she is said to castrate him.

Children, especially newborn babies, are taken by her to replace her lost child.