Explanations

"Do you have a magic wand?" Was the first question asked by Fred's son, after his explanation of what Hogwarts was, and that witches and wizards were real. (I didn't want to write out his whole explanation. You can figure out what was said yourself.) 

Fred nodded and risked a glance at his wife. She looked shocked, but had laughter in her eyes.

"That explains why you were so amazed at the movie theater the first time we went!" She laughed and Fred could not help but laugh with her.

"Yes, movies are amazing. I can't believe they haven't been incorporated into the magical world yet," Fred replied. "You're okay with all of this? I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, but it was something I wanted to forget. I didn't expect George to get a letter, though I certainly did see him use a little accidental magic!"

"I'm fine with this. It will take a little bit of getting used to, but I trust you, and if you think this school is good for George, then I do too." Sofia said.

"This is so cool!" George yelled, dancing around. "I'm a wizard!!! Can you show me a spell?"

Fred nodded. "I'll be right back." He went to his room and pulled a box from under his bed. Inside was his wand, and a picture from the newspaper his family appeared in during his fifth year. He grabbed the box and went back to his family. 

His son looked at the wand with awe. Fred thought of a spell and looked at a pillow on the couch. 

"Wingardium Leviosa!" He said with confidence and the pillow started floating through the air. Fred felt his magic come to life and the wand practically vibrate in his hand. It felt so good to use magic again. It brought a smile to his face.

"Awesome!!" George yelled and grabbed the pillow from the air. He stopped and looked at his dad quizedly. "Why did you give magic up?"

Fred sighed and pulled the photo out of the box. It depicted his entire family in front of the pyramids in Egypt. They all smiled and waved at the camera. Tears pricked at Fred's eyes as they landed on him and George. This photo and the wand were all he had to remind him of his old life, and now it seemed he was getting back into it.

"This is my family," He said and handed the photo to George and his wife. "I've told you about them before."

They both gasped. "It's moving!" George exclaimed.

"Magical photos do that." Fred smiled a watery smile. "The thing is, they're not dead like I told you they were." His wife looked at him, somehow even more confused. "As far as I know, they are still living in Magical England, as happy as can be.

"Twenty years ago there was a war. A very bad wizard by the name of Voldemort was trying to take over the world. My family and I fought in this war, which lasted for about three years. Eventually, Voldemort was defeated by a boy named Harry Potter, who is very famous and fought Voldemort many times. But even though I fought to help Harry Potter, I was forced to give away some very secret information to the enemy. This resulted in many people dying. I couldn't live with the guilt, so I faked my death and ran away to live with muggles, which is what we call non-magical people. But I'm happy here and I have my own family now."

Sofia had started crying halfway through the explanation, and gave her husband a big hug and a kiss on the cheek. "I'm sorry you had to go through that. You should go and see them." Fred shook his head. 

"I don't know about that."

George didn't like the somber tone in the room, so he decided to change the subject.

"Sooo... Can I go to Hogwarts!?" He asked, giving his parents puppy eyes. "I don't even have very many friends at school here and I know I will do good there."

"I don't see why not. We can even visit England for the rest of the summer."

"Wahoo!!!!!!" George started laughing and jumping around, causing his parents to laugh as well.

"That's exactly how I acted when got my Hogwarts letter!" Fred picked the letter up from the table and opened it to the shopping list. George will need all of the normal wizarding school supplies, quills, ink, robes, a cauldron. His eyes traveled to the books he will need. Most of the books he did not recognize, but there was one that stuck out. 

"Hogwarts: A History," Fred read aloud. "Updated Version by Hermione Granger-Weasley." He laughed, shaking his head. "I always knew Hermione and Ronniekins would get together." Then, of course he had to explain who Hermione was, and how much her and Ron were oblivious to their feelings.

Fred then turned to the next page and saw a huge heading saying, "Banned Items." He chuckled and wondered how many of the items on his list he could pack with George. The list was alphabetized and Fred saw Dungbombs on there. He smirked and continued looking. His grin faltered when he saw Fainting Fancies, Nosebleed Nuggets, and Skiving Snackboxes on the list as well. It looks like George kept the shop up and is giving McGonagall a hell of a time.

"Where are we going to buy these things?" Sofia said, looking at the list of supplies. "It's not things you can just find at the grocery store."

Fred thought it over. "Some of this stuff is pretty specific. There is really only one place I know of where we can find these things. It's a magical street in London called Diagon Alley."

***

What do you think? Please comment, vote and share. Thanks for reading!

Love Ya