19

Jangmi fixed the jacket on her body and waited for Riki to come back to her. It's been a few minutes since he left her alone in the jungle and she was honestly scared but she still wanted to wait for him because she knew that he will keep his words. Riki never disappointed her- she believed him so much.

She decided to take a nap while waiting for him without knowing some students already arrived at the campsites and was packing up their things before leaving.

_________________

"What happens, Yunjin?"

"Hwayoung! She fell into the lake from the high ground. We didn't know there was a slope there." Yunjin shook Hwayoung to wake her up but she didn't give any response.

"She looks pale and blue."

"What should we do, Riki?"

Riki approached them,
"Where is her partner? Is she supposed to be with her partner?"

"Taewoo saved her earlier and he called for me to take care of her while he was searching for the teacher."

"Riki, we can't let her stay this way. She is in danger." Yunjin woke Hwayoung again.

Riki sighed heavily and sat on the ground,
taking Hwayoung and put her on his lap.
He leaned his face closer to her chest, trying to hear the heartbeat.

"What should we do?"

Riki pumped her chest, trying to save her.

"Riki, what are you doing?" Bogum appeared with his partner while recording Riki
as he thought Riki was doing something romantic to Hwayoung.

Yunjin came towards Bogum,
"You stupid. Stop recording! she is dying!"

Bogum was surprised and approached them.

Riki put Hwayoung down and cupped her face.

He took a deep breath and placed his lips on her, trying to give her his breath. He stopped and pumped her chest again,

"Wake up."

He placed his lips on her again.

"Jang Hwayoung, wake up."

He repeated the same thing until she finally gave a response.

Hwayoung coughed and opened her eyes. She was gasping for breathing and cried.

Riki cupped her face,
"Hwayoung, calm yourself."

"Are you okay?"

Hwayoung cried more and coughed,

"Jang Hwayoung-"

Hwayoung suddenly fainted on his embrace.

"Let's find a way to leave this place." Riki carried her like a bridal. Bogum turned off his camera and told them to follow him since he knew the way to go out.

__________________

Jaeni looked around the place to find Jangmi and she spotted Riki was carrying Hwayoung while going towards the teacher's car.

She approached him,
"Riki-"

"Give him the way, Jaeni."Jangmo pulled Jaeni away from approaching Riki.

Riki got into the car, didn't realize that Jaeni was calling for him.

"Riki, have you seen Jangmi?"