Bingo With Grandma

X

XXXXXXXXXX

Apartment

In the kitchen, Sarah and Elaine were finishing the dishes. As Sarah washed, Elaine dried and put away the clean dishes.

Sarah: Thanks for the hand mom.

Elaine: It's nothing. It's the least I can do.

Sarah smiles and continues to wash the dishes.

Sarah: Ya know mom...

Elaine: ...?

Sarah: Have you ever realized, that as the years go on, you see less and less...of us?

Elaine raised a brow.

Elaine: What do you mean?

Sarah: Like, a decade ago. There were a decent amount of Dunamians around. Different types of Dunamians. But now...it seems like they all disappeared. And not even naturally...it felt instantaneous...

Elaine nods.

Elaine: Yeah. Yeah I know how you feel...

Sarah, Elaine: I guess what I'm trying- it's because- I think the worst-

Elaine: Were you going to say something?

Sarah: I just wanted to say something real quick...

Elaine: I mean I was going to say something too-

Sarah: Yeah...but I really need to say this because i have to get it out of my chest.

Elaine: ...

Sarah: I think what bothers me most about it...due to the possibility that we're the only ones left...is the fact that I'm the apex of them all...

Elaine was nodding and listening but stopped after hearing that last part. She slowly turns to her daughter and stares at her.

Sarah: I mean, being the apex is one thing. But being the only apex? It feels like a responsibility. I mean not that you could-

Elaine: Wait, wait, wait. Hang on a second...

Sarah turns to her mother, annoyed.

Sarah: Did you seriously just interrupt me?

Elaine: I mean you just interrupted me before.

Sarah: It's kind of rude when you interrupt.

Elaine: Oh, because your reason is better?

Sarah: I had a reason to interrupt. I had to make an interesting point.

Elaine blinks.

Elaine: That...you're the apex Dunamian?

Sarah: Well...yeah.

Elaine: Out of all the types of Dunamians, you're the apex?

Sarah: Yeah?

Elaine: So what you're saying is that you're flawless?