Chapter 2: A New Type of Hero

"Hey Kid?"  All Might said as he was tapping Izuku on the face.

"Huh?"  Izuku said as he woke up.

"Whew, thought I lost you there."  All Might said.

'I've gotta get out of here, quickly.'  All Might thought to himself

"Well, I thank you three for the help of distracting this villain!  Now, I must be off!"  All Might said as he prepared to jump away.

"W-wait!  All Might!  I need to ask you a question."  Izuku said.

All Might looked at him with a bit of worry, thinking that he'll find out his identity if he stays any longer.

"Can someone with no quirk, ever hope to be a hero like you?"  Izuku asked, hoping that All Might will tell him yes.

"Well, to be honest, even I've faced villains that were tricky.  Some times, villains and criminals cant be defeated without quirks, so, to answer your question . . ."  All Might began.

At this point, Shoto and Mizuki were aware at what he was about to say.  As true as it is, some heroes have quirks that don't work in certain situations, but they still fight none the less.

"No, I don't think a quirkless person can be a hero.  I am sorry.  If you wish to be a hero, you can always be a police officer or something like that.  They don't get as much praise and are usually left to do the small jobs, but it's still hero work all the same.  I must be going now."  All Might said as he jumped away.

"I can't believe he would word it like that.  He could've at least given you some words of encouragement!  There's a lot of heroes out there who's quirks don't work in some situations!"  Shoto shouted angrily.

"Some symbol."  Mizuki said.

"I'm sorry Izuku."  Shoto said.

"N-no.  I'm sorry.  I always knew I couldn't be a hero, everyone told me that.  I was just hoping that I could have a place in this word where I'm not looked down on."  Izuku said in a sad voice.

After he said that, a dark goop began to envelope the three, causing them to somewhat suffocate.

'Is it that villain again?!  No wait, this is a different color, could it be another villain?'  Shoto asked himself.

When the sludge subsided, the three friends found themselves standing in a room with very little lighting.  The only light source in the room was the lightbulb that was hanging in the middle of the room.

"W-where are we?"  Mizuki asked.

"I don't know."  Shoto said.

"Alright guys, stick together."  Izuku said.

Seconds later, they could hear the sound of machines and wires coming from the back of the room.  All they could see were little glowing numbers and letters on what looked to be life support machines.

"Hello there young ones.  No need to be alarmed."  A voice said.

"Who are you and where are we?"  Shoto asked getting into a fighting position.

"How rude of me.  I am the villain, All For One, and you are currently at my base."  The man said.

'All For One?'  Izuku asked himself.

Flashback

"Your quirk is called All For One."

Flashback Ends

"I can see that you've heard this name before Izuku Yagi."  All For One said.

"Y-yeah.  I did."  Izuku said.