𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱.

/ 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 /
XXXVI. rumors were true

 rumors were true

               AFTER PARTING WAYS WITH AVA, SAM AND SYBIL MADE THEIR way to save Dean from whoever kidnapped him. Once they parked in front of the building, Sam turned to the eight-year-old. 

"All right, Sybil. You stay here."

"No," Sybil defied. "I'm tired of you guys leaving me. I can take care of myself."

"You're eight," Sam reminded. "This guy could be serious."

Sybil just stared at Sam before utilizing the mist to hide her presence. Sam exhaled sharply, shaking his head. 

"Of course, she does that."

Sam gets out of the car and slowly approaches the building with Sybil, still using the mist to her advantage, following behind closely. Leaning closer to the boarded-up window, Sam peeked inside and saw Dean tied up and gagged with Gordon guarding the front exit. 

He, then, made his way around back, looking for a different point of entry. Once he spotted a door, he slowly turned the doorknob before picking its lock. 

Opening the door, Sam notices a tripwire on the floor. Taking off his shoes, he turns back to where he assumed Sybil was standing. 

"Sybil, can you use your magic to make some force field?"

Instead of replying verbally, Sybil expands the mist, covering Sam with it. The moment he was surrounded by mist, Sybil became visible again. 

"Cover your ears," Sam instructed. "This is going to be loud."

Sybil nodded, plugging her ears with her fingers as he throws his shoes at both tripwires, triggering the grenades. After the explosions, Gordon went to check on Sam to see if the job had been done. 

Sybil slowly released the mist around Sam only as he cocked his gun against Gordon's head. 

"Drop the gun," Sam commanded.

Gordon remained still as he spoke. "You shouldn't take your shoes off around here. You might get tetanus."

"Put it down now!"

"Now, Sam," Gordon negotiated. "I don't think that would be a good idea."

Gordon was abruptly disarmed as his shotgun flew out of his arms. Sybil released the mist, revealing her presence. 

"So, the rumors really are true," Gordon said, slowly turning to Sam. "Now, you wouldn't shoot me, would you, Sammy? 'Cause your brother— he thinks you're some kind of saint."

"Yeah. Well, I wouldn't be so sure. Sybs, untie Dean."

Sybil, then, runs towards Dean, removing the gag from his mouth.