17

𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

She's only recently started to make my heart tingle everytime I spoke to her. I started to realise the soft spot I was developing for her and I hated it.

Me being a part of the mafia and her making me internal organs shut down every time I saw her wasn't a very smart path.

She waved at me and the. Went upstairs to change. A few minutes went by and she came back downstairs in my shirt and shorts that you could barley see because of how big my shirt was on her.

"I thought you said I was getting it back."

"You will. Eventually." She said tapping my shoulder.

I walked outside and she followed me to the car. Her house was a 20 minute drive away from mine so it was quite easy to get there. I parked on the curb in front of her house.

"Thanks." She was mumbling. I could tell she didn't wanna go in.

"You'll be fine. Message me if anything happens. You can come to mine whenever okay?" I held the left side of her face and she leaned into my touch.

God I love her.

She nodded her head and gave me a quick kiss on my palm.

"I will." She whispered.

She got out of the car and I  watched her walk inside the house.

If anything happens to her, Linda won't see another day.

ఌ ఌ ఌ
𝐂𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

Things got worse at the house. Dad had to take more shifts and is completely brainwashed by Linda.

She would take her anger out on Sydney when I was at football practice and now Sydney can't even sleep in her own bed.

And to make it worse the extra shifts dad was taking were night shifts. All we had was Sofia. Linda hasn't done anything to her so there were no eyes on Sof.

Unless she comes home.

"You guys I'm back..." I could hear her shouting the first few words but quietened down after not seeing us there.

"Oh hey lovely. Your gorgeous" we could here the conversations from upstairs but decided to stay quiet.

It was just Linda putting on her pretty face to Sofia so she doesn't notice the shit that's been happening.

"Sydney go to sleep. I'll be right back."

ఌ ఌ ఌ

𝐒𝐎𝐅𝐈𝐀𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

"Uhh hi." I spoke stuttering.

"We haven't really met come have dinner with me?" She said grabbing my shoulder.

"I just ate I'm sorry." I said taking her hand off of me.

"That's fine honey."

We could hear footsteps coming down so we both looked at the stairs to see Cole coming down.

"Oh my god Sofia it's so nice to see you!" He said Sarcastically. He opened his arms which was unusual so I hugged him back

"You okay?" I asked whispering

"I'm good. Your our only hope Sof she's got no eyes on you." He whispered back

I patted his back and he let go of the hug and  went back upstairs. I turned back to Linda who was giving Cole a dirty look as he went up the stairs.

Red flag.

"Uhh I'm gonna go upstairs." I turned around. To move but she grabbed my shoulder and turned me around.

"Your siblings are rude. Please speak to them?"

I nodded my head and brushed her hand off me. She seems nice but isn't that her plan. She's coming to me about my siblings when she should be going to dad.

I ran upstairs into cokes room to see Sydney sleeping. In his room?

"Why is she-" I was pointing at Sydney before I was rudely interrupted by Cole covering my mouth.

"Do you want to wake her up? She's here because nightmares. Of you know who." He spoke slowly uncovering her mouth.

"Ohhhh-" he covered my mouth again. He keeps doing that. It's annoying.

"Shut up. Also that hug meant nothing earlier." He said rolling his eyes.

"Whatever you say." I said turning around to enter my room.

I walked into my bedroom and it was full of heaps of her clothing. What in the world? If she was trying to make a god impression downstairs this definitely didn't support her act. She moved her whole house in here. Where am I meant to sleep?

"Linda?" I said walking down the stairs.

"Yes honey?" She said turning around.

"What's with the clothes in my room?"

"Oh I'm so sorry darling can you sleep on the couch tonight?" She said hugging me.

"No. I'm going to sleep with dad. You can sleep on the couch." I said brushing her hands off me.

"Oh about that your dad recently started taking night shifts."

"What?"

"Yeah so you won't be sleeping with your dad."

"I'm sleeping on his bed. You can clean your stuff out of my room then I will go back into my room." I was about to go back upstairs but she started running her mouth.

"Don't speak to me like that. I'm sleeping where I have been sleeping for the past 2 days."

"I have been gone for the past 2 days and you have used my room as a storage unit" I said turning back around to go upstairs

"Brat." She muttered under her breath.