✧ 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐬 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝

»»————- 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒔 𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒅 ————-««

2 𝗐𝖾𝖾𝗄𝗌 𝗅𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗋
༻✦༺

Return back to work and keep celebrating with Jungkook her freedom for a few days was far from Jieun's reality. She didn't imagine the commotion that was waiting for her soon as she stepped out of Minsook's mansion and was ready to face off the world with hours of trial, interviews, and many other related-Ji Changwook case that would positively wear her out.

The media harassment didn't make things any easier. It was a nuisance even when she had to leave the courthouse. They immediately raised their cameras and started capturing her every move from all sides, asking questions that had already been answered as she tried to cover herself with a hand and sunglasses while other people quickly guided her to the car. 

Hours later Jieun was slumping down the bed in Wheein's apartment with an ice pack pressed against her forehead. "What a nightmare..."

"Four years," her friend stated bitterly, holding Daehyun's hands in her lap. "Four years in prison, Jieun. That's a joke."

"He never actually got to murder anyone," she murmured, eyes closed. "I'm surprised he got years instead of days."

"Never murdered anyone that we know of. Who's to say that you're really the first girl Ji Changwook does that to?"

"If he did, they had all the chances to come forward, which it never happened."

Wheein poked her in the ribs, demanding attention from her. "That man needs to rot in a cell! What kind of judge sentences a psychopath to less than a decade? "

"Wheein, I don't care," Jieun sighed, exhausted, propping on her elbow. "Yes, it sounds unfair— I was very pissed too, and so was Jungkook, but what else can we do? He's still Ji Changwook. A billionaire. Owner of important textile companies. He won't lose it all and spend years behind bars because of what he did to me." She laid back down. "The sentence they gave him it's more than I had expected if you want the truth."