24 || Red

Song: Nico Jonas ft Tove Lo - Close (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Josie

"I'll take that."

Before I know it, my plate of food is snatched from my hands right as I'm about to take it to the kitchen island.

I turn around and glare at the culprit. My morning had started off on the wrong foot but the sight of Zoe in the kitchen, with my breakfast in hand? It completely demolished any optimistic thoughts I had for the rare day off I'd been given.

Instead, my mood sours and the thought of what she's doing here makes my stomach turn with unease. "What are you doing here?" I ask, yet I'm not sure if I want to hear the answer.

I had no right to pry.

I had no right to be upset over the fact that I finally slept in Nico's bed last night, only for him to ghost me.

And I certainly had no right to let my eyes wander towards the back hallway where my bedroom sat. But more importantly, where the room next to mine sat. The room I knew Nico took his conquests to, the room I had my first orgasm in.

The orgasm room.

"None of your damn business." Zoe says, taking my regular seat at the island and placing my plate in-front of her.

I grit my teeth and move forward, placing my hands on my plate and pulling it towards me. "Not for you." Imbecile.

I don't say the last part but I wish I did when she rolls her eyes and grabs the other side of the plate, "You make food for Nico. So in turn you must make food for me." She sends me a nasty smile, "His girlfriend."

My grip tightens on the ceramic and I force my mind away from thoughts about how she might have spent the night with Nico, in the orgasm room.

The thought makes my blood boil. Like I want to throw her off the roof and smash Nico's head into the wall.

I take a deep breath and drop my shoulders.

"I make breakfast for Nico and Nico only, because he doesn't make me pay rent." I say calmly but the force in which I yank the plate towards me tells a different story.

I may have had to put up with her mean girl tendencies at work, but not in the closest thing I had to home.

Surprise flashes through her eyes that instantly harden in what I assume could only be envy, making me assume that she wasn't aware of that fact.

Oh, well. Not my problem.

"You whore." She stands and tugs the plate towards her chest, dragging me with it. "Stay away from Nico."

"Kind of hard to do when we live together." And sleep together. I drag the plate back towards my chest. "Let go."

She's delusional if she thinks she's his girlfriend. Nico didn't do monogamy, and I highly doubted he'd go as far as declaring someone his girlfriend.

As much as I hate to admit it, the thought of her being a liar eases up some of the tension for reasons I refuse to explain.