1| the ruined moment

I screamed in excitement as the iconic DDLJ scene played on my screen

"Jaa simran jaa jee le apni zindagi!" I repeated dramatically, as the same scene played on the screen in front of me.

The very next moment the screen went completely black, and I turned around to look for the reason behind this and there she was,

"Aadya!" I shouted, throwing the pillow at her.

"This is probably the 1000th time you're watching DDLJ! Don't you just get bored of watching these same old SRK's movies?" She asked raising her hands up as she held the remote, and I had a failed attempt to get it back.

"How can you not like the king of romance!" I said hitting her arm slightly.

"Romance? You and your fictional world, my dear Mayra Singhania, come back to the reality, you're not going to get a raj or rahul in real life..." She spoke holding me by my shoulders passing a sarcastic smile at me, making me roll my eyes at the dialogue she is probably saying the 1000th time now. I should get something in return for bearing this girl for 12 years now!

Yes, 12 years! We studied together for 10 years, and now 2 years as intern in an event management company.

Talking about her, she is a total opposite person, that someone was right when he/she said that opposites attract, uh I know it meant for couples mostly, but if I was a guy I would have married this girl straight away. God made us best friends because or else our moms wouldn't be able to bear us as siblings for sure.

"Mayra Khan...."

"I am not Khan!" I defended taking a bite of the chocolate.

"Shah rukh khan ka Khan!" She nudged my arm.

"My bad, he is married!" I said making a tsk sound.

"Don't worry my bunny, we will find someone with the surname Khan, for you!" She winked at me.

"You remember the character from that movie?" I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Yes my Naina." She chuckled. "You have watched that movie more than any other movie, and yes you forced me each time to watch it with you, and now I literally remember each dialogue of it by heart." She nodded her head looking at me.