° 38 °

"You need to stall the wedding, Prince," he suggested.

I cocked a brow and glanced at Freddy. "Wedding?" I whispered.

We all stared at them in shock.

******************************

"How can I stall it?" Prince asked Tolu, his brows creased.

"Just think of something," he chuckled and shoved his hands into his pockets.

"I'm clueless," Prince sighed.

"Just pay me extra money and I will get that done," he said with a smirk.

"How?"

"What do you think of a lady with a dislocated ankle?" he chuckled. "She can't attend her wedding".

For the first time, I saw emotions I had never seen in Prince's eyes. They were dark with what I assumed would be hatred. His lips twitched in rage and he nodded in agreement with Tolu's plan.

"Okay, boss. We can talk later. Let me get to work," he exclaimed and patted Prince's arm.

"Alright," he replied. "Remember, no one must know about our plans. It must be discreet. I beg you".

"I don hear na. Trust me. I no go talk," Tolu exclaimed and swaggered off.

The moment he left, I strode to Prince and stood at his front. He flinched and placed a hand on his chest. He took in a sharp breath and asked, "You scared me. What are you doing here and how did you even get here?"

I rolled my eyes at his question and this prompted him to raise a brow. Freddy and Naomi came out and stood, their icy glares on him. I glanced at Prince and it seemed as though he was hiding himself as he maintained a blank expression. There was something up with Prince and I could sense it.

"Whose wedding? You heard you talking about a wedding"

His expression still stoic, he said: "It's... It's nothing".

"It's something," I corrected with a frown. "You are hiding alot from me, Prince. I know you have broken up with me but what happened to our friendship?"

He quickly averted his gaze to the green grasses around us.

"Prince," Freddy growled. "I don't mind helping you if you need it but I won't accept you disrespecting Anita. You broke up with her and she deserves to know why. What did she do to you for you to hurt her this much? You slapped her and that shows how low you are".

"Prince," Naomi yelled and pointed her index finger to him. "We came here to get answers and you must give them to us. It's a must".

"I have somewhere to be right now," Prince mumbled and took a step away from us. Freddy grapped him by the collar of his dress shirt and narrowed his eyes at him. 

"You have nowhere to be but here," Freddy scowled.

Seeing Freddy grip his collar got me tensed. It felt like I was the one he was holding that way. It's strange how seeing Prince in trouble or pain can hurt me. I just wonder why it isn't the same with Prince. Do I even mean anything to him?

I patted Freddy's shoulder. "Please, just free his collar". He nodded and released him. Prince adjusted his suit and dress shirt, all the while avoiding eye contact with me.

I sucked in a long, fresh breath and sniffed. I noticed this caught his attention. He unconsciously turned to me with a look of concern. When our eyes met, he looked away. I glanced at Freddy and Naomi, and smirked. They knew I had a plan and nodded.