60. The Cutest Things

-Sky-

-Sky-

"You have glue in your hair," Max said with a smirk.

"Of course I do," I sighed, but I still couldn't stop smiling. I carefully put the tiny log in its place, holding it still for long enough for it to stick before letting go of it. Then I leaned back to admire my work.

Scale model! Our! Own! Scale model! Of our house! That we designed together! That was probably not the most convenient house there was, but still!

Since we were pretty much done with our biology project – all we could do anymore was to check up on the owls – Max had started teaching me how to make a scale model from scratch, just like he promised. And it was fun! First, we started by making the blueprint and sketches for it, and I found out Max was really good at drawing. I was actually shocked I didn't know that, even though I had seen tons of drafts of houses and landscapes in his room. I just... kind of... assumed they weren't his... I was such a bad boyfriend! I just went and assumed he had collected them all, like he had collected posters and books.

I looked around in the basement that had been turned into Max's workshop. Our scale model was on a big table in the middle of the room. There were shelves on the walls, some were empty, some had other models on display. Every inch of the basement was covered with Max's sketches. Some of them were cute little drawings he made as a child, and from there, the older he got, the better and more accurate the pictures were, and the latest ones looked like a professional had made them.

"You're spacing," Max cooed in my ear, making me jump. He had been standing on the other side of the table! When did he move next to me?!

"Spacing?" I muttered, feeling my cheeks turning red. The color continued turning darker when Max placed his hands on my hips, pressing the lightest kiss on my neck.

"Spacing out," he said softly. "You do that a lot."

"Sorry..." I muttered. "I just... sometimes... I lose track of time when I start thinking stuff..."

"Oh? What were you thinking now?" Max asked.

"You," I said shyly without looking at him.

"But I'm right here," he chuckled, and hugged me.

I laughed as well and turned my attention back to the model. We were still doing the framework of the first floor. We had some tiny beams ready for the second floor as well, but it was too early to continue building the upstairs. We had spent hours making it already, but Max had told me it would take a hundred hours, or even more, to get it done. I was excited about it, because it meant the fun wouldn't be over anytime soon.

And it was fun! Creating something, even for fun, was, well, fun! I never knew I had some creativity in me, but this little project of ours had brought it up. We had big piles of sticks and other stuff to use as material, and Max even had tiny tables, chairs, carpets and other stuff in stock, so we could decorate it once it was done! And trees! Grass! Small stones and bushes and he even promised we could order more if we ran out of stuff! The base we used to build the model on had a lot of room for a garden, which was great, since I had a lot of ideas for it.