Chapter 8: ~ Secrets of the Maze Garden ~

Early morning on the next day, Drake, together with Lez, Mike, Alex, Clem, and Trevor, went to the Maze Garden. They brought the album with them thinking it might be helpful in their search for the Lock and Key. At the same time, their other friends chilled and hung out at the outdoor pool area.

Trevor, the head supervisor of maintenance, told them everything they wanted to know that he saw their parents while following them, leading towards the center of the maze where they vanished. He led the group trailing towards where he last saw them.

When they finally reached the area,

"Wow!" Mike uttered in amazement at what he had seen. The center of the garden is a spacious area in a peculiar shape, for it's not in a circular nor square shape as it supposed to be, but in the form of a heart in where at both sides of the curve lies statues of kneeling angels, one holding a sword and the other holding a shield. The center of the heart-shaped garden has a shade with an arch-shaped seat and table with bushes of flowers nearby and maintained green grass all over the place leading a trail towards a small two-layered water fountain located on the pointy shape of the heart.

"It's so beautiful!" Lez was mesmerized by its beauty. She moved to come closer and touch the flowers. She moved her head closer to the bush of flowers and started to smell its fragrance. "Isn't these the same flowers you brought to the picnic area?" Lez asked, turning her head, looking at Drake while holding the flowers.

"Yap! Azaleas, mom's favorite. Trevor maintained those flowers, as usual. Those flowers I brought to the picnic area were handpicked from this garden by Trevor himself. This particular garden itself." Drake replied as he moved and crouched beside Lez while the lady followed her eyes, looking at him. "What color do you like?" Drake asked, looking straight into her eyes, smiling as they looked at each other.

Lez looked back at the bushes, choosing from the many-colored varieties of the said flower in front of her. There were red, white, yellow, pink, and orange colors of the flower visible from the area, but she glued her eyes over the pink-colored flowers that she was holding. "I like these." She replied, touching and rubbing the petals of the flower with her thumb.

Drake looked at the pink flowers that she was holding. "Mom loves the white-colored ones, just like the flowers that I brought to the maple tree." He explained as he moved to touch the pink flower that Lez was holding.

Drake picked that pink flower and put it behind Lez's left ear. "That is so beautiful!" he uttered while staring at the lovely lady.

"The flower?" Lez asked as she brushed her hair behind her ear where Drake placed the flower.

"Both!" Drake replied with his charming look. She smiled at the beautiful lady beside him as the young lady secretly giggled, not showing it to the young man as she smiled back at him.

"We used to play in this garden, Alex, and John when we were kids. I can remember mom loves to have her seat on that arch as she reads her book. She likes to read books for her pastime as we, her children, like to bother her to come with us and play." Drake smiled as a memory brushed inside his head, looking at his surrounding while talking to Lez.

"Yeah! And I like to pick those azaleas she loves and give them to her while you two (John and Drake) likes to play angels. I can remember you two always fight arguing on whom to have the sword (toy sword) first." Alex added, interrupting the two's lovely moment as everyone watched and listened to their conversation for a while as the two looked at her behind them.

"Yes, and John always has the sword, and I got the shield." Drake shook his head in dismay, looking at the ground.

"What's wrong with having the shield?" Lez asked, turning her head toward Drake.