Chapter 35: Undertaking

Cara's POV

The party was a success. I commend all the people behind it. They did a great job. Everything runs smoothly.

A week after the party I decided to go to the company.
My hair's back to its original color which was Black. I arrange my hair into a bun.

I wear my black skinny Jeans and partnered it with my white Balenciaga shirt. I slip on one of my black flats.

Blake really vamped up my closet. No kidding, it feels like everyday there's a new piece. I only shop twice the first time was when we are newly wed and the 2nd when I bought a bag.

I'm amazed that Blake has a time for shopping even if his schedule was full.
He sets his priorities straight.

I put some cash and my phone in my pocket. I did not bother using a bag. It's just a hassle.

I opt to commute. I warned Carter not to tell Blake or I'll kill him. Same warning was given to team CARAmel.

Since Blake live in the middle of fucking nowhere I took a cab to the nearest station.

I arrive at the office after 45 minutes! Can you imagine how far was that? How fast Blake drive if he arrived at the office after 15 minutes? 100 miles per hour?

The guard at the front stood up straight when they saw me approaching.

"Goodmorning Mrs. Bradford."
They all greeted.

"Goodmorning!" I pleasantly replied.

You know what's funny? The employees did not recognize me. Is it because my hair was black now and I am not wearing a thousand layers of make up?

I approach the receptionist to test if they don't really recognize me. Technically I can just go straight up to the top floor but I want to see what are the reactions of our employee in different scenarios.

A brunette receptionist named Belle greets me after a head to toe inspection.

Strike 1

"Goodmorning! Welcome to Bradford corps. May I help you?"

"Hi! Can you please ask if Mr. Bradford is busy? I need to talk to him."

She did not even lift her line. She just straight up said. "Mr. Bradford is a busy man Miss."

Wow. Strike 2.

She did not even ask if I have an appointment. That's the basic rule.

"Even if I am an important person or my business with him was important I can't really see him?" I prodded.

This is her last chance to redeem herself. I'll not fire her. I am not that evil.

I decided that all our receptionist will have to be retrained. What if our business partners wear only their casual clothes to meeting? They should entertain everyone courteously even if it was a homeless person.

Blake and I leave the evil aspects on James. He eats newborns for lunch. My poor Ella.

Blake let's say was mild. He doesn't really handle firing people. He has people for that but, if there's really no choice and Blake has to handle it well that employee wishes that Blake did not handle him at all.

This woman inspects me again from head to toe and slightly raise her eyebrow.

Just for that Strike 3.

What a judger. As far as I know we really don't have any dresscodes for our guest. Our dresscodes was strictly for our employees only.

"No. So If there's nothing else Miss you can be on your way. Have a good day Miss."