t w e l v e

CHAPTER TWELVE:

"after all this time"

THEY HAD LOCATED Druig in the Amazon

THEY HAD LOCATED Druig in the Amazon. Apparently the humans he had taken the night he left had become the original members of his new commune, and he had been looking over them for generations.

Hera anxiously chewed her bottom lip as she sat in Kingo's plane with the others. Sersi sat next to her, scrolling through Instagram on her phone. Sprite was across from them, bickering with Kingo who was situated beside her. Thena and Gilgamesh were a few rows away, seated beside each other. Thena's head was resting on Gilgamesh's shoulder.

Ikaris was the odd one out– sitting alone at the bar of the plane. He had poured himself a drink, but it sat untouched as he watched the others– specifically Hera. She could feel his eyes on her, and she resisted the urge to throw something at him. Not wanting to speak to him more than she had to, she tried to ignore him.

"Kingo sir, I am ready!" Karun, Kingo's valet and right-hand man, was fiddling with a film camera near the tail of the plane. Kingo clapped his hands together and made his way to the man. "Great! Let's start."

Karun nodded as Kingo signaled him to start filming. The Bollywood star cleared his throat, tuning his features to appear serious.

"We," he started, gesturing a hand in the air to refer to the others on the plane. "are Eternals. Seven thousand years ago we were sent to Earth to protect the humans from Deviants. Centuries ago we split, but now we're back together again."

Kingo moved slowly up the aisle of the plane, Karun shuffling backwards to avoid a collision. Kingo slipped back into the chair he had previously occupied beside Sprite, pointing to the girl beside him.

"This is Sprite. Why don't you tell them about your powers?"

Sprite rolled her eyes. "Kingo, what are you doing?"

"Filming a documentary; we should remember this! Now answer the question." He told her, but Sprite just showed him the middle finger and used her powers to become invisible. Kingo gave an exasperated sigh. "We'll come back to her later. Now, Hera! Introduce yourself."

The camera swiveled to Hera and her eyes widened, caught off guard. "Um, I'm Hera. My abilities include forming force fields. It might not seem like much, but–"

"You're right, it doesn't seem like much." Kingo cut her off, motioning for Karun to move on to Sersi.

"Excuse you," Hera gaped, eyes narrowing. "Those force fields have saved your life before, movie star." The camera turned back to Hera. "And I don't just use them for protection. I can expand them inside things, causing them to explode."

The camera turned once again back to Kingo. "Well, that's a little more interesting. Maybe we won't cut you from the film after all!"

Hera scowled and grabbed a crumpled napkin from nearby, throwing it at Kingo. It bounced harmlessly off his chest and into his lap.