Act I • Chapter 10

"SHOULD I GO TO THE RIGHT WHERE NOTHING IS LEFT, OR TO THE LEFT WHERE NOTHING IS RIGHT?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just like how Shine had planned, she woke up at exactly six days later. Yawning as she rubbed her eyes, she then sat up and leaned on the tree she was sleeping on.

Sleep wasn't essential for her well being, She only slept because she is one of a lazy human being, and she had a lot of time on her little hands. Why, you might ask, she also didn't know the specifics as to how her body could function normally without needing any sleep and food like normal humans do.

Yes, food is also not essential for her everyday life.

You can say that eating and sleeping is more like a hobby of some sort and not a necessity.

On the topic of food, she was now craving for some juicy fruits. A watermelon perhaps? Nodding at the choice of fruit, she then took off to search. She only have a few hours left before the end of the 4th phase so she would need to hurry.

As she kept on sprinting, a mop of snow white hair was casually walking. Hands in his pockets and a disinterested expression plastered on his cat-like face.

"Man, this is boring." Ah, it was Killua.

Forgetting about her current craving for a fruit, she landed right next to the boy making his body tense and sharpen his nails to eliminate whoever snuck up on him.

"..Since when were you here?" He stiffly asked.

"Not too long ago."

Killua released a heavy breathe before he resumed to walking around the island aimlessly, he motioned for the girl to come along if she wanted and she did.

As they strolled, a voice over from above was heard.

"Attention applicants! The fourth phase of the exam will be ending shortly. You'll be given one extra hour to get to the starting point. If you do not return during this time, you will fail the exam."

"I wonder how Gon is doing." Shine spoke surprising Killua since the girl was not much of a talker. Nevertheless, he vocalized his opinion.

"This is Gon we're talking about, that guy seems to have good luck sticking around him."

The veiled girl turned her head to the boy as they kept walking. "You seem to trust him a lot."

"More than I do to you." Killua scoffed as they made eye contact. "Just to let you know, I don't trust you."

Shine hummed. "Bold of you to assume that I trust you."

Killua flushed and frowned. "You—!" Seeing that same apathetic expression on the girl's face, he deemed that she wasn't mocking him but was just being painfully blunt. "Whatever..."

Silence went on as they never stopped in their tracks. The silence was a comfortable one making the ruby eyed girl hummed in pleasure.

Suddenly, the albino boy halted his steps. Shine looked back and tilted her head in confusion.

"Something the matter?"

The boy was quite for a moment before he sternly looked at her directly in the eye and questioned.

"Shine... Who are you really?"

"And what do you mean by that?"

Killua clenched his teeth and yelled. "Stop playing with me! You— you're not ordinary."