Chapter 23: I Miss Her

I hear footsteps making their way towards me before feeling their body sitting down on the edge of the bed. Silence is all that fills the room making me unable to know who the person is.

"Hey.." The person who I recognize as Domenic says with a calm and gentle tone.

"I just came here to apologize for hurting you" He starts saying as I don't really feel any better. 

"You were right, you guys are just 13 and giving you that rule was stupid" He continues as i lay still without moving a muscle.

"I know it's hard, you've been going through a lot lately and we aren't making things easier for you. When Ezekiel was scolding you, you looked at me for support and I let you down. Please forgive me for it" He says as I hear nothing but the truth in his words.

"Will you just look at me?" He pleads as I feel my warm tears rolling down again. 'I feel so guilty for making him feel like this but I can't blame myself. They all hurt me more than once and I'm tired of it.

"Please leave me alone" I say with a muffled voice.

"Don't say that. It's not good to push people away you know" He says as he puts his hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry, I just feel hurt still and need more time" I quietly say.

"More time to feel better? I'm your brother, I'm supposed to be there when you're hurting and not just when you're feeling better. Just let me help you" He says as I turn around to finally look at him.

"But there's nothing you can do about it" I say with tears rolling down my face.

"Of course I can, i'll tell Ezekiel that his rule is stupid and that-" "No not that" I say, making him quiet. It's true that the rule is stupid and that he makes me feel traped with his controling behavior but right now, I only want one thing.

"What is it then?" He asks as he patiently waits for me to answer.

"I want my mom" I choke out with a new set of tears rolling down my cheeks like an endless sea. I feel Domenic pull me up on his lap as he pushes my head into his chest, hugging me tightly. 

"Shhh i know baby i know" He whispers as i cry into his chest.

"I-i miss her so much, and dad and Samuel" I cry out as he rocks me in his arms while rubbing my back with one of his hands.

"And now i'm alone" I cry as he breaks the hug to look at my red puffy eyes. "You're not alone. We're always here for you even if some of us seem cold and heartless sometimes" He says, looking straight into my eyes.

"But I yelled at everyone and now they all hate me even more" I say as he objects.

"We could never hate you or abandon you. You're always going to be our little sister and we're never gonna let you go whether you want it or not" He assures as he hugs me again.

"I'm sorry for what I said, I didn't mean it" I apologize as he keeps hugging me.

"Shh don't worry about it I'm not mad i promise" He says as my heart feels lighter than before. Soon I feel myself falling asleep from the exhaustion as Domenic keeps his arms around me the whole time. I feel my eyes opening again as I realize I'm now in bed, although not in my bed.

I look around to see Domenic laying beside me in this huge bed with his eyes closed, probably asleep. I sit up to see that I'm in his room and guess it's the middle of the night from how quiet the mansion is and how dark it is everywhere.

"You're awake" I flinch as I hear a deep unknown voice coming from beside me. I look at my side to see it's Domenic with his eyes tiredly open.

"What's with your voice? It sounds so different" I say as he chuckles under his breath.

"What do you mean? it always sounds like this" He says with a raised brow. 'It sounds so deep though, not like it didn't before but I literally thought there was someone else in the room for a second there'.

"Why am I here and what's the time?" I ask as he rubs his tired eyes.

"You fell asleep in my arms and wouldn't let go so i brought you here, and it's the middle of the night so get back to sleep" He simply says as he closes his eyes again.

"Sorry, i didn't know-" I start to say but stop as I feel his arm wrap around me, pulling me closer. 

"I don't mind, now let's get back to sleeping" He says as he traps me with his warm hug.

"Domenic?" I call, breaking the silence once again. "Hmm?" He hummes, sounding half asleep already. "You actually remind me of my mom a little" I say with a smile.

"Shh get back to sleep now it's late". "Goodnight" I say as he responds with a barely audible one.

I feel myself drifting off to sleep again with a smile on my face and a strong arm wrapped around my waist as I've never felt more safe in my entire life. I again open my eyes as I now see the light from outside shining in from the window. I look at Domenic to see that he's gone and left me all alone.

I get up, walking towards my room to get ready for the day. I freeze at the spot as I open my bedroom door to see my oldest brother sitting on my bed and waiting for me, looking tired like he hasn't slept for the whole night or something.

"Please have a seat" He says, already surprising me that he didn't command me like a dog this time.

'Well here we go with round two i guess..'