Chapter 25

*NOT EDITED*

I'm confused

I'm confused. Like officially confused.

It's been hard being in the same room as Rohan. I thought I knew how he felt because of what he said but then he goes and kisses me.

Kisses me!

I almost growl in frustration because I'm freaking the fuck out.

Oh yeah we won the game. I only got off the ice during the second period and we were already winning. So now we're on our way to a celebratory dinner. 

I'd showered and changed into a long sleeve, light blue silk evening dress with white suede heels. I hadn't done anything with my hair, I'd just blow dried it and left it. 

It's not the first time I see the team in suits but somehow this feels different. Probably because it's the first time we're going out for dinner after a win. I'm sitting next to Chase on the bus as he's gushing about my forehead and how the guy who hurt me was kicked off the rink.

But all I'm thinking about is the fact Rohan kissed me. 

To be continued... he'd said.

What did he mean by that? Like to be continued when we get back to our hotel room, or Chicago? 

And then there is the part where he rejected me just a week ago.

I can't continue my thoughts because the bus has stopped and Coach is getting everyone to get out of the bus. I get off the bus and into the restaurant. A long table is reserved by Coach in the middle of the restaurant. 

I haven't looked in Rohan direction since we got on the bus and by coincidence I'm placed beside Rohan. But that doesn't mean I acknowledge him. 

Rohan sits on my right while Chase sits on my left. He still yapping about the game but not to me. The team is buzzing from the win while I'm still in my thoughts. Confused.

I run my hand through my hair as I twirl my knife around on my napkin. Then I hear a breathy laugh from my right. I look over and see straight amusement on his features, "Your cute when your confused." He whispers, still looking at Liam, having a full conversation with him.

I roll my eyes and turn to Chase. I need to get my mind off of this. "Did you score after I left the rink?" I ask moving my body so I'm wholly focused on him. My forehead still hurts and a headache but otherwise I'm fine.

"I did." He smirks, "Which I'd already told you." I wince, he chuckles. "What going on with you?" He asks now concerned.

I bite my lip as I feel the heat of Rohan's stare on my back. "Just...thinking about the Yale game." Then I straighten and look at Coach who's a couple seats down. "Coach, am I allowed to play Yale?"

Coach looks over at me along with a couple teammates, "You should be fine to play. If doc clears you that is."

I glower but I see a ghost of a smirk on his face, but it's gone just as fast as it came.