Chapter Thirty Four

Blayde had two jobs. One, watch Elias's fight. Two, watch the boss. He had almost successfully done both when he watched the boss get a call. He frowned, praying on every star that he wasn't needed elsewhere. He had to stay in the building until the FBI and the two groups of enforcement officers made it here.

He looked to Elias who had thrown a punch at his opponent, making him lose his balance. His eyes find the timer behind him, they were on their third and last round, with less than a minute to go.

Blayde cursed as he watched the boss stand, his two men following suit. He jumped off his podium and walked to the boss' figure, pushing people hastily out the way. They called out to him with every curse word under the sun, but he paid no mind to them.

Elias threw another punch knocking the skinnier guy out, and the bell rang out before cheers filled the room. Elias grinned, Aloura really was his lucky charm. He turned with a large smile to where Blayde had been standing but frowned when he saw he was no longer there.

The referee helped the other guy up and guided them to the middle of the ring. Elias' eyes scanned the room, he didn't care that he had just won, he needed to find his friend, or the entire plan would fall through. The crowd cheered, but Elias' had missed it due to his ringing ears. He almost didn't feel the referee lifting his hand up either, indicating he had won.

Elias looked at his raised hand, and then into the crowd, sighting in relief as he saw Blayde's figure following the boss that had just left the room.

Elias' heart skipped a beat as he noticed where he was leading too.

"Aloura" he muttered, almost like he had to say it aloud for his ears to believe she was in danger. He swore and pried his grip from the referee before walking to the edge of the ring.

He spotted Blayde's figure pushing back one of the boss' men in the doorway. He swallowed and jogged towards them. "You can't come through" he heard the suited man say. Elias scoffed and pushed passed Blayde. He grabbed the man's collared shirt and stepped into his face.

"Step the fuck out our way." He ordered; the men shook their heads.

"We can't" he told them, "Boss' orders." Elias scoffed again, before going to punch him. He halted at the door that burst open, and the police that filled the room.

♡ ♡ ♡

Aloura's curled body shot up from the bench as a masked man, and four suited men entered the door. "So, this is the brave Aloura West?" he laughed through his mask. Aloura swallowed.

"Who are you?" she asked. But she knew who out of the three phone calls would arrive first.

The man grinned, but it wasn't a sweet grin like Elias'. This one made her stomach nauseous. "Since you won't be alive for much longer, I'll introduce myself" he taunted her. She didn't reply, she didn't want to know his name.

"I'm Dene Mullin. You know it almost feels like I've had this conversation with your mother" he laughed. "Or is she alive?"

Aloura didn't reply, maybe because she knew that he knew her mother was dead, or because her mind was now focussed on the commotion outside. Her eyes snapped to the door at the sound of Elias' angry voice.

No Aloura cried in her head, he can't see this.

"Do you have the papers?" he walked towards her, and Aloura watched the door for a moment before nodding and walking to the bench. She lifted them and turned to him.

"Stay the fuck away from her" Elias' figure called from the door; his gloves were missing but his hand wraps remained on. His eyes widening at the sight of Aloura approaching their boss. "Aloura what're you doing."