Chapter 32: The time is now

"I can't go for an audition...I'm not ready."

"Come on." Cameron pulls Leo by the hand through the parting crowds.

"Where are you taking me?" He questions, a little panicked at the sudden change of events.

"To your audition of course!" Cameron says, quickening his pace. "If we hurry, you can make it."

It isn't until they get outside that Leo finally manages to detach his hand from Cameron.
"I can't go for an audition...I'm not ready, I didn't have enough time to practice." He begins to feel nerves settling in within him, as he looks down at his own feet.

Cameron places his hands on Leo's shoulders. "Look at me." Leo slowly lifts his gaze to Cameron's now chestnut brown eyes. "You just did the bravest thing in that room just then. I heard every single word. This audition will be child's play compared to that."

Leo smiles widly at Cameron. "Ok...let's go."

Cameron nods with a dimpled smile, as he locates Jojo's pushbike against the side of the building. He proceeds to climb onto the saddle, looking over his shoulder to see Leo climbing on from behind. "Hold tight!" He requests and Leo nods, holding on tight to Cameron's hips.

Cameron now begins to pedal extremely fast, dodging cars and people with precision, it reminded Leo of the triple decker bus in the prisoner of Azkaban. The sides of his blazer flap ferociously in the breeze, his hair pushes back over his head, it made him feel so free that he couldn't help but shout out a "woohoo" as the bike continued to race to its destination.

Finally they arrive and they both dismount. Cameron parks the bike next to a metal rail as Leo begins to push his hair back down from being blown everywhere. "How do I look?" He questions, looking at Cameron as he straightens his jacket, before choosing to remove it altogether letting the hideous item of clothing drop to the floor.

Cameron takes a step closer and smiles, "So handsome." Is all he says, before adding, "Now go... show them what you're made of."

Leo beams a smile back and heads through the double doors, with Cameron following a few feet behind. The room is still fairly busy. He sees people sitting with big numbers on their clothes, some in groups, some in pairs, all practising their own thing. He clears his throat and heads for the main desk. There are three people still in front of him, Leo keeps checking his watch, time was running out. Eventually he gets to the front. The young lady looks up at Leo from her seat, eyes widen at the sight of him, making her a little flustered. "N...name, please may I have your name?" She manages to just about say.

"Leonardo Alessi...am I too late?" He asks, his face looks apprehensive.

"Oh no not at all!" The young lady gushes, giggling slightly. Please can you just fill in this form for me?" She adds, pushing a pen and clipboard with a piece of paper attached to it.

It doesn't take too long for him to fill out the form. He pushes it back across the table, in an exchange for a number. "Please place this on your shirt." The lady says, giving Leo a big white square with the number 924 on it. "Good luck!" She smiles.

"Thanks!" Leo replies acknowledging the smile with his own before patting the number down onto his chest.

He turns and finally looks up to see Cameron staring at him, an eyebrow raised. "What?" Leo questions.

Cameron just shakes his head in amusement at how clueless Leo was. This guy had it all and he didn't even know it!

"Numbers 920 to 930 please!" A voice is heard calling over the gentle humming of the room.

"That's...that's me!" Leo says to Cameron, standing bolt upright from his seat, bouncing a little on his heels with nerves.

Cameron stands up to join him. "You will be amazing, because you are amazing." He says, giving Leo a reassuring hug.

"Thankyou." Leo replies, nuzzling a little into Cameron's neck, the fleshlike skin feeling so soft against his face. He pulls away and joins the line of nervous people waiting to head through some double doors. This was it, his time to show what he was made of.