Episode 2 - Competition and Gas

Art above is owned and drawn by: Alala

-

Gwen, in her suit, was hanging upside down by a gargoyle statue on top of a building. Looking at her social media feed and it all showed SpiderWoman here and there. She couldn't have been more happier.

"Woah.. Look at all the likes and views." She mumbled to herself.

Her eyes shined as the numbers grow larger on her recent video. Does she really do this for justice? Or for herself?

It's been two weeks since Peter transferred in Midtown high. It seems that Gwen and him had gotten along really well.

She received a text from you. It said "Hey wanna go grab some shawarma later? You still haven't make it up to me."

She was about to reply but suddenly a text from Peter pop up. She, instead, open the message.

Peter texted "Hey wanna go to the library later? I know it's a rest day but we could talk about more on our project if you'd like."

Gwen typed "Sorry.. I already have plans.."

Peter added "Especially on formulating that regeneration serum"

She deleted her message and typed "Sure! Let's meet up at MoonBucks, the one in Queens boulevard."

She forgot to reply to your text and kept her phone in her pockets. She symboled her hand to shoot and swung through New york's rises.

Meanwhile

You were on your bed, staring at the ceiling. Your phone glowing on your chest waiting for her to reply.

"What's taking her-"

Your phone rang, you quickly look at your notifications. It was not Gwen but it was also not bad news either. Your eyes rejuvenated with joy and got up from your bed.

It was an email from Empire State University (ESU) saying you were accepted for internship.

You texted Gwen that your coming to see her with exciting news. You put on your clothes and went out of your house. You ran whilst zipping your jacket. You had an idea to stop by a coffee a shop before heading to her place.

You waltz in and greeted the cashier.

"The usual and Gwen's favorite brew." You said to the cashier.

"For Gwen? But she already ordered." She informed you.

You raised a brow before the cashier pointed at Gwen and Peter. You turned around and saw both of them sitting together on the same table.

"Oh so this is why you weren't replying." You said to Gwen. "Here.. I bought this supposedly it was for you before knowing you already have one."

"Oh crap.." Gwen blurted out. "I-I'm sorry I must've forgot."

"Yeah.." you nodded teasingly but annoyed. "..you did."

You placed the brew on her table. "In case you haven't read the text, we were accepted in ESU as interns."

"REALLY?" She shouted, suddenly standing up from her chair.

"Yeah we'll start in monday, every after class."

Peter intervened the conversation "Woah an internship? Is it too late to sign up?"

You glared at him "Why?"

"No! You should definitely come with us!" She excitedly suggested.

"Alright!" Peter said as he pumps his fist.