Chapter 4 - Meeting The Ex Again

Nandini's POV

Two days later....

"Have this, our special healing soup" mom said placing the bowl on table then smiled. Her smile is so warm and gentle that it choke me everytime she is with me. I never felt what mother's love would feel like but now that I am currently experiencing it, I couldn't help but feel so grateful of my choice to leave.

"Nandini what happened? You are crying my dear" mom stroke my head lovingly. She has a concerned expression on her face.

I shook my head "nothing, I was just glad I decided to leave from the previous pack. If it was not for that I would still be stuck in there"

Mom smiled as she grabbed my hand and hold it tightly "you know even if you stayed there you wouldn't be same as before. Before you shift, your body will be similar to those ordinary human but once you shift your body gradually take the change. It will increase your hearing, make your eyes sharper, your bones will be more stronger. And the mark on your back will enhance you and your wolf 2 times in each eclipse"

I was stunned. Does things like that really happens? I have never heard of such things before. Though there is some myth saying in books but who will believe those writen words without any evidence? But now that mom placed this words, I couldn't help myself but truly believe.

"Enhance 2 times more?"

Mom nodded "I know it's hard to believe. You will understand this things once you experience it personally. The mark on your back still blur so in next eclipse it will bloom and we will know what kind of mark you got"

"Mom, what kind of mark does dad and bro have?"

Mom laughed "your dad had Snake mark on his back and about your brother..." She sighed "I don't know how that child got Eagle?"

Seriously Eagle? I really wanted to see those beautiful wings spread wide with a piercing stare. Is not it amazing?

"Mom you are joking behind my back?"

Mom and I turned to look at annoyed face of my brother. He was holding a bouquet in his hand and slowly strolled inside still looking annoyed.

Mom threw a boring look at him "who got free time to talk about you? Do you think I don't have other things to do?"

I pressed my lips in think line trying not to laugh loudly. Mom is really a tease while knowing Devak is annoyed. My brother did not bother to continue argue as he turned to me and flashed a heart warming smile.

"Here, I have got all the fresh flowers of our garden. It will definitely make your day" he handed me the bouquet.

I can smell the freshness of the flowers. After the shift I can even smell things which is staying in far distance.

"Thank you" I grabbed the flower and smelt it again. My whole body relaxed instantly.

"We have garden too?" I asked.

Devak nodded "of course we do. Once you feel better Tanea will take you for a tour so that you see the pack. Besides dad also planned to declare to the pack about your arrival"

My arrival? Yes, I was lost years ago and come back like a stranger to everyone. If I was not stollen at that night, my life would be more better and I wouldn't have faced those insults again and again. Back then I thought there's no one who will stand by my side and raise voice for me. Besides Ben no one respected me at all, not even my so called mate who always pretended like he don't know me in public. Just thinking about it I can't help myself but feel burning inside.