Chapter 31: Tired and Exhausted

The chirping of birds and the rustling of leaves filled the silence in Avy's ear. She slowly walked home, back to the estate all on her own. Wearing the new set of commoner clothes that Emerald owned, she decided to go back before the whole mansion turn everything upside down to know her whereabouts.

The sun was already up and in her calculations, it's probably around eight to nine a.m. and she was certain that Mariel has already entered her bedroom to check on her. Yet she was not fazed even the slightest, the things that happened a couple of hours before still weighed in her mind.

"He's lost too much blood, and it would be too late to find someone he can share blood with."   

To Avy's surprise, she found out that Mr. Warde was once the designated doctor during wars hence he is more than capable of aiding Kill but unfortunately, his skills don't automatically guarantee the beast child's safety. 

"How about me? I can give him my blood, is there a way of knowing if our blood is compatible with each other?" Avy didn't hesitate to offer herself although she has no idea how they would make it work without proper instruments and things needed to perform those procedures.

"It is almost impossible, Avy. This child is of beast descent and it is known that beast people can only take blood from their kin." the old man shook his head. 

"F-father? You're not going to believe this." the voice of Emerald interrupted their little conversation. They turned to look at her and saw her sitting next to the bed, with the bloodied piece of Avy's clothing and the bloody bandages that were used on kill. She had disbelief painted all over her face as the water on a clear glass she washed both pieces of clothes in turned clear. 

"I-I was just testing if there is a slim chance they are compatible but look!" she held the clear glass of water in front of her. "I am certain that this is Lady Avy's blood. There is no way I will be mistaken," she added, which made her father take the glass away from her hand and examine the water himself. 

"Unbelievable... This is not the first time I have witnessed it but this proves that the last time was not just a mere coincidence." the old man whispered to himself before turning to the lady behind him. "Sit next to the boy, Avy. My daughter is an aqua-type healing mage, she can take care of the blood transfer." 

Avy walked back to the mansion with her legs wobbling. Her whole body felt like it has been robbed of energy after she gave her blood to Kill,  on the bright side, his life is no longer in danger, and that is enough good news for her to go home. She still hasn't figured out why a human, like her, was able to transfer her blood to a beast. Mr. Warde explained that maybe it was because they have been bonded together by spells that made it possible. She didn't question that any longer. Besides, she was type O in her past life, maybe Avy is also type O? That would make sense.

And about Ares, he still hasn't shown himself. She also didn't hear his voice the whole time, maybe he turned into a woman and it was him who she heard when she was about to die. She obviously doesn't care about his gender, but he would probably be less annoying as a woman. 

The problem she has to face now is thinking of an excuse to tell the whole household why she disappeared and showed up the next morning looking like she fought a bear. Well, she did. But she won't be telling them that.

~~~

"Are you sure she's not anywhere inside the garden? "

"She's not in the library!"

"The Young Master said the study is also empty."

Just like what Avy predicted, the whole Mansion was already chaotic that morning. All the knights searched the surroundings of the estate and all of the staff checked every corner of the big house to look for their missing lady who wasn't in bed when her personal maid entered her room. She was nowhere to be seen and Mariel is on the verge of blowing up the whole place just to find her. And also, she's about to cry.