"Pass me a rootbeer"

(My AU)

It has been 10 days since Kokichi woke up... They had won, and the horrible truth dawned on him.

The game was all just a faux. A stupid one at that. It was just a dumb fun joke! There had been a simulation in which memories had been destroyed so they wouldn't even know what had happened. This caused him to develop trust issues and to have difficulty accepting other people's actions. After the game, everyone returned to their normal lives. Some dropped out of college and school to avoid bad memories... Others stayed in school. However, Kokichi could not help but miss that one peculiar detective... although he had pushed his love to the side.

"Welcome back boss!" Said a brunette. She was the second smallest of the group. Kokichi being the shortest. Hah! A leader that was short and seen as supreme? It had to be a joke.

"I..Thanks" Kokichi looked back. His face was paler than usual. He picked up a bottle of Panta and gulped it down rubbing the sweat off his forehead. He looked at the 9 members around him, wanting to know what they had to do next. "L-let's just celebrate me being back. T-To danganronpa!" The word danganronpa made him shiver, but he had to put on an act for his group, his teams, his only friends in this dumb world. He put on an act just as he had in the game. He had played the role of a mischievous trickster that always got in the way... Everyone hated him, but he carried on acting. He was a liar at best. But soon the lies got too much and it got harder and harder to not break down. He HATED the game and wanted to run away to block it all out. And that he did, he killed himself, and even though his plan failed they won. Shuichi survived, and it was because they won that Kokichi woke up once more to find out they'd all been fooled.

"Shouldn't you hate that game, boss?" Said a red-headed male with poofy hair like a clown.

"No no, it was a fun experience! Nee-hehehe~" Kokichi laughed putting his drink down.

"But si-" Kokichi stopped the other member talking.

"I'm fine, let us just celebrate, heh"

There was cheering and clinking of glasses. As if it was just them, they blocked out all the noise around them. Some sang, others laughed. And even Kokichi joined in with the dancing. All of that came to an abrupt halt when a certain someone entered the bar. His hair was blue in color. Like a turquoise, a precious gem or jewel, rather than the sea. It would be like something that would be passed down from generation to generation on a necklace. He tipped his black hat over his eyes. As soon as he stepped into the room, he looked around to familiarize himself with his surroundings. Overlooking the purple-haired boy, staring at him in a mix of awe and sadness.

As Kokichi spoke, he whispered, "S-Shumai...?". Having failed to hear him, Saihara walked up to the bartender and began conversing with him. Laughing. He was...laughing, he never laughed with Kokichi or anyone else after Kaede "died" Had he really moved on?

"Rantaro, get me a root beer please." Rantaro? Did he work here? Kokichi was shocked. The world was full of the people he had watched die. The people he considered friends.

"OoO~ Boss's in loOve~" Said a black haired male giggling

"Ouma you're gay?" Kokichi didn't answer he was frozen. He was just staring at Shuichi not making a sound. He walked over to the detective and cleared his throat awkwardly standing. Both hands behind his head

"And so we meet again, Emo boy!" He managed to stuff in a fake laugh. 

Shuichi was shocked. Was this a different Kokichi? He seemed off. The male was a detective. He could sense if something was wrong.

"Uh, hi Kokichi how are you?"

"Hm, better than what I was in the game! Ne-he-he~!"

This made Shuichi frown. Surely after what he and others had put Kokichi through during the game he wouldn't bring it up.

"Kokichi are you o-" Kokichi interrupted him

"So! How are you and Kaede?" Kokichi had moved on. He didn't love the boy! Hah.. No way! The game had probably made up his feelings as well as everything else. Just for the viewers "Entertainment."

Shuichi scratched his neck after saying, "Oh...We're good! Just like best friends really... Not as you think, of course.". After getting out of the game and leaving the threat behind he had to admit Kokichi was adorable. Seeing the nine troublemakers behind him, he looked over at them.

"Oh! Is this your team?" Kokichi spun around laughing at the 9 members and hugged them

"W-we're more like family!"

Everyone at D.I.C.E smiled when they heard this. Despite being moody, their boss still had a heart, and a lover like Shuichi Saihara could help lighten his mood.

"One rootbeer!" Rantaro yelled turning to Shuichi and handing him the beverage.

"Rantaro, thank you very much..."

In the background a mysterious person put down his phone and smiled "My side kick is finally getting along with the liar" 

"That is to be expected Kaito, we are out of the game at least." Maki gave him an emotionless expression although blushing. The two lovers had been reunited. It seemed everyone was in this bar. "Go on... Talk to them if you wish" She said to the astronaut guessing what he wanted to do.

"Thanks Maki-roll, you're the best!" He ran over to the detective....

(915 words)

Hey everyone! If you have any suggestions for the story please tell me I really would appreciate it. It would stop me getting writers block so often .