Chapter 8

The Carrington Manor was in chaos

And that statement is probably the understatement of the century.

All three of the siblings were next to each other after Alora had dealt with the legalities of the situation that Blake Carrington had gotten himself into and successfully managed to drag his family and business in to.

"I haven't seen him since he cleared you of your— what was it, ah your DUI charge" muttered Fallon towards Steven who seemed quite unhappy with Fallon bringing up his past as if she didn't have her own with the officer. So despite the glance Alora sent at the two to quit it Steven ignored it.

"That was you after he got you off for indecent exposure" retorted Steven whilst looking at his sister and daring her to deny what all three knew was in fact true.

"When have I ever looked indecent?" questioned Fallon with faux curiosity. Before Alora had the chance to answer Fallon their conversation was interrupted by a dark skinned male who looked to be in his late 40's, although Fallon and Steven were confused on who he was Alora recognised him as a lawyer on their fathers team.

"Miss Carrington your presence has been requested by Mr Carrington in his study"
All the siblings realised it had something to do with Alora taking up the role as his head Attorney.

After dealing with the situation both Alora and Blake made their way out towards the entrance where the two noticed Jeff and Monica Colby.
Alora sent the pair a smile whilst Blake set a deadly glare towards Jeff.
"What are you still doing in my house!" Questioned Blake with a loud tone which managed to attain the attention of the people in the surrounding.

Alora noticed that neither of the Colby siblings seemed to be surprised by Blake's tone of voice that was proven when Jeff spoke up
"Trying to leave" retorted Jeff with a hint of smugness in his voice although Blake was quick to interrupt whatever was going to come out of his mouth next

"l warned you, you were in over your head buying that wind farm. Look what you dragged my daughter into." roared Blake before stepping towards Jeff with a look in his eyes suggesting that he was daring him to try anything.

The heated stare off was broken by Fallon's voice                                                                                          "For the record, I dragged him-" Spoke Fallon before being interrupted by Jeff                                        "But thanks for the advice Blake"  Stated Jeff, sarcasm evident in his words that each of them could spot. Alora gave the two a warning look when she noticed that there were officers who were listening to their conversation, whilst trying to express this was neither the time or place for a conversation like this but Fallon had an urge to have the last word, a urge that Alora noticed but before she could stop Fallon she had already opened her mouth.

"You did warn us about making that purchase" Interrupted Fallon whilst taking a pause and looking towards her father with suspicion
"Almost as if you knew something was going to happen" Finished Fallon whilst looking her father in the eyes daring him to reply towards her statement.

Alora noticed that her father wanted to say something but was holding back, that was confirmed when he let out a frustrated sigh whilst turning around and leaving which left the three.

Jeff noticing the sisters needed to talk quickly squeezed Fallon's arm to say goodbye whilst sticking his hand out for Alora.
"Thank you for having me and my sister it was fun and nice seeing you again Alora" spoke Jeff with a genuine smile as Alora was the only Carrington Jeff had ever liked as despite his attraction towards Fallon he knew her personality was something which many disliked at times including him.

Alora turned towards the said man and gave him a warm smile whilst shaking his hand and replying
"Well it was lovely to see you again Jeff I hope we see each other soon"

Shortly after Jeff left Alora turned towards her sister who was about to leave and grabbed her hand to stop her
"Fallon look I know your upset with Dad and you hate Crystal but please think before you do anything, I'm their lawyer remember anything you do can and will affect me and our relationship" Pleaded Alora whilst adding a firm tone towards the end of her words and giving her sister a warning that went unspoken but was interpreted by both.

Fallon knew if she did anything she would risk losing her relationship with her sister.

And perhaps she wouldn't forgive her this time.

Perhaps it would be to broken to fix this time.

Perhaps her one mistake would ruin it all.

Authors note
Aah officially of my break hope you like this update

We're nearly at 1k reads.

I cannot believe this and I just wanted to thank you all for giving my book a chance I know it might not sound like a lot to you but 1k means a lot to me

So thank you so so much