Chapter 16: Remain in the shadows

Greece,kato Antikeri Island.

Huntley was losing his patience as he paced and forth in his office. Thought of Gunner telling the CIA and Holiday everything he knew made him tense. He should have known that Davenport couldn't be trusted with certain details of their operation and how it worked. The CIA had made a big mistake that was abandoning and shutting down his assassination ring that he had operated. While Caspian was no longer a threat to his organization, he knew that President Roberts was going to be a problem for them. The one thing that bothered him the most was the CIA never saw the bigger picture came it assassinations. He had seen the bigger himself.

One could profit from if that was right where big money was involved, when everything into view there was power and money, that was all that mattered to him. Of course, he needed intel to make profit from it. If it means starting a war in foreign country or planning a coup, they would do it, It was all part of the grand plan of Thunderstorm that him more powerful than ever. His father had been a CIA Station chief who had posted to American Embassy in Moscow and knew the CIA was going to eliminate President Kennedy.

He didn't need a patsy to take the fall; his network of assassins was untraceable, and efficient. He rubbed his chin as his encrypted phone buzzed on his desk, he made his way over to his desk and snatched up the phone. The number on it, he knew right away from was the Kremlin.

"Huntley can you assure me that Thunderstorm will be ready for your party?" President Putin stated in his native Russian accent.

"Mr. President, Thunderstorm will be ready before that, I promise you that," Huntley told President Putin.

"I hope you're right, because I don't like been disappointed," President Putin said in a threatening tone.

There was a pause before Huntley spoke again. "How dare you threaten me? You know what I'm capable of and may I remind you, it wasn't for one of my assassins who poisoned that ex KGB agent in London you wouldn't be in power and I wouldn't profit from the mining company in Salvard."

The line crackled  dead as the call ended. Huntley slammed down his encrypted phone on the desk. He didn't need this right now. There was too much at risk and if Red and Holiday out, there he had to remain in the shadows. There wasn't a moment where he had thought about using all the power he had gained to shut down Night drop once and for all, but unfortunately he couldn't take a chance. He had invested so much of his resources into Thunderstorm and Headshot.

Plus, he had lined up a bunch contracts with Terrorist Organization across the world, He didn't care what the cost was for him all these powerful world leaders made decisions all time,  but now he would see show them power like they had  never seem. 

His assassins were the best in the world and highly skilled at what they did, no one could match their skills except  for Red and that was a problem that needed to be eliminated or easily convinced to join his organization. He would worry about that later, right now he was more concerned about making sure that Gunner didn't make it to the embassy alive.   

"Callan,  our clients are getting worried about Thunderstorm not being ready before the party and still have the problem we have to worry about Red and Holiday," Huntley stated in an authorized tone..as he walked out onto the balcony he straightened out his suit and then pressed on. " We're going to have to deal with Presidents sooner than later"

"What do you suggest we do, sir?" Callan inquired.

"Nothing right now, when the time comes we'll handle it," Huntley stated.

"What about Holiday and Night Drop?" Callan asked, slipping on his dark sunglasses and stepping out onto the balcony. He knew all about the capabilities of Night Drop, and he had seen what they had done to the base they had in Afghanistan. He had never forgotten who scrubbed the arms merchant and Hunaid."