Chapter 23: It's Just the Beginning Honestly

I was laying in the darkness for what felt like seconds. I suddenly started feeling pain again, and I started sensing things around me again. I sucked in a sharp breath, and felt a sharp pain in my chest. "Whoa, Esme, breath slowly." I heard a voice I recognized. I slowed down my breathing, and my eye lids flickered and I slowly opened them. I looked over and saw my grandmother smiling down at me, and I saw that I was in my bed at my father's home. "How are you honey?" she asked me, and I was confused, and then things started flooding back to me. I sat up suddenly, and the pain in my chest made me cry out in pain, and I laid back down. "Be careful! You have three broken ribs, a broken arm, cracked collarbone, and a broken ankle." she said, and I pressed my eyes together tightly. "Lay still Esme." she whispered. Suddenly the picture of my bloodied mother laying in my arms came to my mind and I felt tears falling form my eyes. I wasn't sure if it was form the external or internal pain. "Hey, it's going to be okay, it's going to be okay Esme." she said, but nothing she said was going to help the pain I was in. I finally let the tears fall from eyes. I finally let out all the emotion that had been building up inside me, and I sobbed into my grandmother's shoulder.

I slept most of the day for the next three days. My father came to visit me, and we shared a moment of remembrance for my mother. He was shocked to hear about my adventure and he was even more horrified by some of the things I did. It was the first time in a long time that he actually listened to what I had to say. Reael and Zacael had to go back to the elvish kingdom and face the king's wrath which wasn't too bad considering it was his brother and best warrior, but it would never be the same. Kase, C, Grey, and Grey's little sister Raedyn didn't have any family to stay with, so my father invited them into our home. I had people keeping me company and filling me in on things that had been happening, so I wasn't ever bored. Apparently they covered up the huge mess at the casino as a shooting by unknown people. We still don't know what happened with Rahab or the other Wizards that took my mother. I learned that Grey had been put into the same type of coma Oliver had been put into. I was told it was something wizards were known for doing. I didn't know if I could stand seeing him, and I blamed myself for his fate. I learned that there was still people injured, and staying at the elfish castle, and it made my heart sink. I had no idea what he king would do with them when they were healed. I especially didn't want to think about how Allister and Aditi where feeling. I felt like I had abandoned them there in their prison. I was going to save them. I was going to make sure they got their freedom back. My grandmother said that the school would most defiantly open back up. She said that she wouldn't be scared away by one attack, but I wasn't so sure about that. We now had a whole new set of powerful enemies. I came to the conclusion that I am going to dedicate the rest of my life to my mother's dying wish. Change the world, she said, and that's exactly what I'm going to do. I realized that this new reality has decided to take vengeance on me. I was no longer some naive teenage girl from Florida, and I have come to realize I am now part of a whole new reality. The things that I used to think of as fiction are now reality, and things I used to think of as reality are now fiction. Reality has warped and changed my whole world. My family is a disaster, and I can't run away from my problems any more. I guess it's time to go change the world and defeat realities vengeance.