Prologue

Counting the days he had been here was almost impossible, and with how tired and lightheaded he was most of the time, it was hard trying to concentrate on a single thing. If he was lucky enough, he was often given a piece of bread and some water, but nothing more. Being caged like a bird infuriated Titus more than anything, and what made it even worse was that these people chained him up like a hound. It was more than infuriating, though; it was humiliating.

He was a Prince, yet he somehow managed to become a prisoner of another kingdom he had never heard of, but as he was locked up, he found out that he was imprisoned in a kingdom called the Ravatage. The people here were quite sickening to him, especially the sorceress that managed to capture him in a snap of her fingers. Every day that went by the sorceress was always there to greet him and then came the experiments on him. Titus despised every moment of it, from the torturings he received to the samples they took from him, what he could do, and much more that made him want to kill them all. Killing them would please the Prince very much, but the sorceress used a spell of hers on his chains, and if he even tried to do anything violent or even tried to escape, the chains would burn intensely, and it was like they were trying to create holes through his skin and then all he would have left was bare bones. However, he had an ability, and the sorceress and the other people of this kingdom were trying to figure out how the ability worked. They were trying to obtain the secret to his ability. The brown-haired prisoner thought they were only wasting their time, though, as no matter what they did, they would never get the power he had. He was born with the ability and nothing more.

Sleep proved to be very difficult for Titus, especially as the chains bound him to the wall of his prison. When he was back at his beautiful homeland, he would've been in his warm bed in a pleasant slumber, but no. Instead, he had to sleep in a chilly and disgusting prison. What made it even harder for him to get some sleep was the marks and bruises he obtained, and every time something touched them, he would always wince. The Prince did everything he could, though, to not show weakness, and he wouldn't give those people that satisfaction, especially not towards the sorceress. Blood and dirt crusted on him the more he was here, and even though the 21-year-old man was injured and a mess, he was still strong looking as ever as his muscles protruded through his ripped tunic.

As the Prince laid against the slimy wall, his wrists throbbed uncontrollably with the cuffs tightly secured around them, but no longer. Tonight, he set it upon himself to set himself free, and he knew the only way to do so was to kill the sorceress. Once she was dead, she no longer would have any power over him. It would be risky, and the idea he had in mind to kill her seemed foolish, but he craved freedom more than anything. Titus awaited her arrival, and once she came, he would take his plan into action, whether for the best or the worst.

Then suddenly, he heard the echoes of clacking shoes bouncing off the walls through the dungeon hallways, and the Prince recognized those shoes from anywhere. They were nearing his cell, and as they were, Titus prepared himself, and it wasn't long until he saw the feminine sorceress standing in front of his cell. She wore a hooded renaissance dress with purple and black colors and black boots, and the hood of her dress covered her head, but the young man was still able to see her wavy ebony hair, pale skin, and her sharp green eyes. As he stared at her, his gaze hardened, and he couldn't wait to see her lifeless.

Casually, the sorceress brought her hand out towards the door cell, and as she did, she turned her hand clockwise, and at that very moment, the cell door unlocked. Titus's capturer opened it and spoke coldly as soon as it did. "You know the drill."

The sorceress then flicked her wrist, and when she did, the chain hanging from the wall released itself, and Titus was able to relax his arms. Then, slowly, he stood up. When he could finally stand upright, his capturer led the way and started to follow her. Every time she visited him, she always came down to these dungeon hallways alone, but when she took him to a vacant room where he was always experimented on, there would always be guards and scientists waiting for them. Today, though, the Prince would not have any of that.