Bickering

Trigger warnings: Argument, murder allegations and talk of murdered people.

Tommy sat on the sofa, staring idly at a blaring television screen. It was one in the morning and Ranboo's snores were nice background noise as he stared at the breaking news alert flashing at him from the television. Tubbo walked in, holding two mugs of steaming, decaffeinated coffee.

"Reported on already?" He said, leaning over to hand Tommy a mug and sitting on the back of the sofa. "Those journalists are quick, ain't they?"

"That'd be Grian Parrot," Tommy replied, sipping his coffee and adding, "He's always watching."

Tubbo nodded. "I've noticed. He always writes 'bout us and the 'cha'."

Tommy flashed a smile. "It's the best thing to write about."

The screen showed two women, one in an impeccable suit and the other in a peach blouse. They shifted their notes and turned to face the camera. The one in the blouse began, "Only one hour ago, there was another attack on the docks made by Theseus, Enderling and Bee. It was an aggressive assult, which involved children and live ammunition. The three fled the scene once heroes The Blood God and Jubilee Line arrived during their patrol."

"This attack has left eight injured and one dead," The suit woman began but Tommy coughed and spluttered on the coffee he had just swallowed, horror freezing his blood still.

Tubbo spun around to stare. "What?!"

"It wasn't me," Tommy insisted. "I-I wouldn't do that!"

"No, I know! I'm just scared who did!"

"The body was of thirty-six-year-old Annabelle Rigdley, a woman who was well known for rather extremist views on hybrid-purging. Her body was found in the warehouse basement under a crate."

Tommy looked at Tubbo. "Did you know there was a basement?"

"No, I didn't. Did you find one?"

"No, I didn't." The pair stared at each other, and Tommy felt a feeling of dread creep down his spine. They turned back to the television.

"Reports from the City's Corporation of Heroic Activity says that their profilers doubt this would've been done  by the vigilante force but this information has changed all attitudes," The blouse-woman said in a tone unnervingly calm. "Rigdley's family are devastated, saying how they had lost contact with her eight days ago, after a talk to some of her sympathisers during a rally. They had assumed nothing at the time and are horrified by the news."

Suit-lady shuffled her notes, looking through the screen into Tommy's soul. "This announcement brings great sorrow to our city. A memorial service is planned to be held next week by supporters of Rigdley's message. In recent light of a body being found on scene of Enderling and his vigilante force, the bounty has been increased. It now sits at eleven-thousand pounds, for any information on the criminals."

Tommy turned to Tubbo. "Eleven-thousand?"

"That's the quickest it's increased in a long time... Do they even have that kind of money?"

"Wouldn't be surprised..." Tommy replied. The vigilante turned off the TV and took a large sip of his coffee. The bitter taste was very much welcome and he sighed. "Jesus Christ... there was a body under my feet. The whole time."

Tubbo rubbed his back calmingly. "It's okay, Tommy. She was a hybrid-purger anyway. Probably deserved it, right?"

"Who do you think got her?" The blond asked, looking up at his friend.