chapter ten - Christmas at Hogwarts

Eleonore's PoV

"Harry goodluck! You'll do great today. " I wished Harry best of luck for today's quidditch

Today's quidditch match is between Gryffindor and Slytherin. I want my house to win but I also want Harry to win because his house are depending on him as a seeker, either way I'll be happy to whatever house wins. I went with my friends to the Slytherin area and we took the first row infront.

The game went well and now it's a tie between Gryffindor and Slytherin. Harry saw the snitch and chased it. However, his broomstick started to act weirdly. It's out of control and he nearly fell. I was so worried since it's so high and he would hurt himself if he falls.

"Don't worry El, he'll get back to his broomstick" Daphne tried calming me

"I hope so"

Harry got back to his broomstick and catched the snitch making Gryffindor wins. I'm happy for him and he managed to prove his teammates that he's worthy to be a seeker despite being a first year.

"Guys, I'm going to go to my brother" I told my friends

"Okay" Pansy said

I saw them going to Hagrid's hut so I went after them.

"Hi Hagrid!" I greeted him

"Hi there Eleonore" He greeted me back

"Harry! Are you alright? What happened" I asked my brother

"Yeah I'm fine. I don't know, my broomstick suddenly got out of control"

"It's Snape. He jinxed Harry's broomstick!" Hermione exclaimed

"No. There must be no way he jinxed Harry's broomstick." I told her

"Eleonore, I know this is hard to believe but I know a spell when I see one. He wasn't blinking"

"Eleonore's right you know. Snape's a teacher. He couldn't have jinxed Harry's broomstick" Hagrid defended Professor Snape

"But he let the troll in. That's why I saw him limping the next day after Halloween feast" Harry said and I rolled my eyes

"Harry! He was with me the whole day in the hospital wing except for the times you guys or my friends came to visit me. He wasn't called by anyone that day and he was definitely not limping" I told him

"Hagrid, I have to go now. Bye" i left

Few days past and it's starting to snow. 2 days until winter break and I still haven't got anyone any Christmas gifts. The galleons Professor Snape gave me is still in the exact amount so I hope this will be enough buying everyone's Christmas gift. Christmas decorations are already put up every where and it looks beautiful. Hermione will be going back home and Ron's staying, his plans changed when his parents decided to visit his brother in Romania. Harry and I will be staying here too, there's no way the Dursleys will want us back for Christmas and it would be difficult to return back here too because they'll just find ways to stop us from coming here.

I'm in my common room thinking how I can buy gifts for my friends. I can't apparate nor use floo powder since all fireplace are traceable and I don't wanna get in trouble.

"ELEONORE POTTER!" Daphne shouted my name

"What? You don't have to shout you know"

"I've called you 4 times but you weren't responding me. What are you scribbling?"

"Oh, this is just scribbling. Draco, have you bought Christmas gifts?"

"No, not yet. My parents and I are planning to go Christmas shopping this Saturday so I'm also gonna buy Christmas presents"