Chapter XII: Brokenhearted

A week had passed and rumors about Suga and Suni continued in the tabloids, with no official statement from either party. You were getting more and more irritated and were willing to ask Yoongi what was going on. He would come to the apartment in the afternoon to leave you money, as usual.

When he arrived, he lay down on the couch to take a nap. You decided to let him sleep, you knew that he stayed up a lot working on his music. It soon got dark, so you prepared food for the two of you. When he woke up, you had everything ready.

You were eating in front of the TV and coincidentally a commercial starring the N3bula girls appeared. You watched Yoongi's face carefully to try to catch his reaction, but he continued to eat as if nothing was happening. You decided to seize the moment.

Y/n: How long have you known each other?

Suga looked at you confused by the question.

Yoongi: Who?

Y/n: You guys and the N3bula girls.

Yoongi: Ah, we met them since before they debuted.

Y/n: It looks like you are close.

Suga just shrugged, as if it didn't matter.

Yoongi: Bang PD is friends with the producer of their company.

Y/n: You and Suni... I meant you two.

He looked into your eyes, trying to figure you out. He didn't know if you were asking just out of curiosity or if you were upset, could you be jealous? Was it even possible that you could be jealous because of him?

Yoongi: Yes, you could say so.

You stayed silent; you didn't know what to say. You put the plate aside since you were no longer hungry.

Y/n: The tabloids and entertainment media talk about you as if there is something else going on between you two.

Yoongi: I know.

Again, a moment of silence. You were outraged by how dry he was with his answers.

Y/n: And?... is there something else happening between you two?

You were afraid to ask that question. And the answer left you cold.

Yoongi: Not yet.

Your eyes widened in surprise, and you felt your chest being crushed.

Y/n: What do you mean by not yet?

Suga was chewing a mouthful of food very calmly and he proceeded to reply only after swallowing it.

Yoongi: That nothing has happened yet, but nobody knows what the future holds.

Your chest tightened more and more.

Y/n: So, you mean that although it hasn't happened yet, you long for it to happen, you want it in your heart.

Suga seemed to think about the answer, but he didn't say anything. You took it as an affirmation and snorted. He had the nerve after demanding respect from you because of Philip.

Y/n: Wow... well, from this very day I wish you the best for that future relationship, may those wishes become true.

You got up immediately and left to the bedroom. You didn't want to see him.

You lay on your belly in bed with the lights off, feeling betrayed and troubled by your feelings. About an hour passed when Yoongi knocked on the door and entered the room. You didn't turn around.

He watched you curled up on the bed, still intrigued by your reaction. He knew that he had upset you with his words, but he did not calculate how much. But it wasn't even close to what he had experienced when he saw you dancing with Philip, or so he thought, he justified himself that way.