10. How It Began

long chapter ahead. sorry

Jace's POV

ONE MONTHS EARLIER

“Right so. Remind me again why we’re doing this?” Marcus asked me. I groaned since I’ve gone over this like three times. 

“BECAUSE… I have a thing for Oliver.” I answered back.

“Wait, Oliver as in Oliver who never dates any of the chicks who ask him out? You sure he’s gay?” Luis asked. I swear this bitch is so stupid.

“I’m not sure but I have a feeling he is. Why do you think he never dates anyone?”

I have been waiting for this moment for a long time. A year ago, I laid eyes on Oliver. I’ve never seen him before, but I’ve heard of him as the guy who had one of the messiest breakups in our grade. But when I saw him, I instantly was hooked. I wanted to know more about him. But I knew I couldn’t just go up to him and bombard him with questions.

“So do you all have your plans?” I looked at my closest friends in the room. Timothy, Marcus, Luis, and Alex. It’s kinda funny how we all look the same. That’s why I created this plan, to confuse Oliver. 

“Yes.” Tim said. “I’ll distract Judy since I like her.” 

“And I’ll distract Sarah.” Marcus said. I saw the heart in his eyes at the mention of her.

“Wait, what about Jackie and John?” Luis asked.

“We don’t have to worry about them. Have you seen the sexual tension between them? They’re bound to hook up during this party. But you’ll be in charge of making sure they’re alone and away from Oliver.” I said to Luis.

“What about me?” Alex asked.

“You’ll keep tabs on Oliver and where he is. I just need you to tell me where he is when the time comes and after you get to do whatever you want.” 

If you aren’t clear on what’s going on, here’s the plan. I decided to offer up one of my parent’s houses for this year's party. The only reason is because of, Oliver. If it hasn’t been made clear, I love Oliver. During the party, I’ll need all of Oliver’s friends to be distracted. Then after a while, I’ll swoop in and make my move. 

“But why are you going to leave him the morning after? Just ask him out afterwards… like??” Marcus said to me.

“Because, I want to see if he wants to date ME. I want to see if he will make an attempt to look for me and then I’ll know he likes me back.”

“And then…?” Alex led on as he lit a joint.

“We’ll have another party where I’ll meet him again.” I smirked.

“That’s why we gotta make this party the best one so people will ask for an encore.” 

“Mr. Jace, your documents are here.” My assistant said as he held out a packet of papers and I took them.

“What are those?” Luis asked, stuffing his face with chips.

“Legal papers. I’m gonna ask Tabitha and a few of the student council to keep my name out of any posts or conversations about the party. Makes it more mysterious.”

“Wow, you’re really committed to this huh.” Marcus elbowed me.

“Of course I am. It’s Oliver. I want, no, need him.” I stared off into the distance, thinking about him. Alright Oliver, get ready, cause I’m coming to fuck up your life.

*

“Tim, are you in position?”

“Yes!” Tim responded.