Chapter 1:

Cinnia's POV
We landed in a small, misty clearing. "Are you sure we're in the right place?" Fitz asked aloud. I shrugged. "Let's keep walking." Biana suggested. We all agreed and followed her. We stepped into another clearing. This one had a large, wooden arch with six pieces of rope hanging down. I panicked a flailed in the air, until I realised three people standing beneath us. "Welcome to the dividing." A coach in red said. "You must figure out how to get free of the rope; light leaping doesn't count. You must unite or sever the rope." A coach in blue said. "This will determine which hemisphere you're in." A coach in purple said.
        Blood was starting to rush to my head, and I realised it was just me and Sophie left. I remembered a knife I had with me and sawed through the rope. I levitated to the ground. Then Sophie lit the arch on fire with her Black Swan monocle. I sighed and felt mine under my tunic. Keefe and Sophie had to go to the healing centre or whatever. We all got divided. I was the only one in Ambi. When Sophie and Keefe came back, they also got divided; Keefe to the Right and Sophie to Ambi. I was relieved one of my friends was in my hemisphere. We had to practice hunger suppression. I found it easy, my father being who he was.
      Sophie's stomach kept growling in protest to what the coach was saying. Even though I was internally laughing, I didn't let any of it show, another skill I was forced to pick up. I realised that there was a shadow beside Sophie's. It was probably a Shade shadow-whispering. I turned my head and saw that indeed, there was a Shade with his head tilted towards Sophie. I furrowed my brows. I let my shadow carry my consciousness to him. What are you talking to Sophie about? I asked him. I was watching him, making sure that the purple coach didn't see me. He looked a bit startled. I was telling her that she needs to be careful; the coaches are interested in your group. He said after a small pause. Sophie isn't the best at careful. I admitted. What did you do to get yourself banished? He asked curiously. I left with Sophie. I chose to get banished. I replied. What about you? He paused for a moment before replying; Similar story, I left with my sister. I was going to continue our conversation but Exillium ended then. "For the new Waywards, taking a bead comes with a consequence. Not taking one leaves no consequence, but it is also irreversible." The purple coach explained. I reached up to take the bead, a light green one, and felt a jolt of electricity in my fingers. I hadn't realised that the coach meant a literal consequence.
We leaped to a forest. "What happened?" Sophie asked, gesturing to the trees. "Was it the plague?" I realised that the tree trunks were C-shape. "No, it was me." Calla answered, sitting on one of the trunks. "Why?" Fitz asked, confused. "They were dying." Calla said simply. Seeing our quizzical looks she added, "My friends said to uproot them, but I could feel too much life in them, so I sat right here and sang for a whole week. I didn't stop to rest my throat or drink. I could barely rasp by the end. These trees are survivors, but they will always bare the mark of their trials. That's why I chose this place." She elaborated. The the roots sent us to Alluveterre, the hideout we were staying at.
A/N: Hey guys, here is the first chapter. I had a lot of fun writing it and I hope you enjoyed reading it.