Chapter 38

Recap: 

"Did you know" he began "Every night before I have gone to bed, I have come to whisper that in your ear"

Noah smirking. Clearly proud of his accomplishment. I was more annoyed that I was nervous for so long to tell him how I felt, and he felt the same way all along!

"How long for?" I asked looking up at him

"Since your birthday" he laughed "I really do love you Princess. You have changed my life for the better"

I wrapped my arms around his neck and lent in to give him a kiss. Noah was mine. 

-

The last few weeks had been heaven. Noah hadn't put a foot wrong, he told me he loved me every spare chance he got. My brothers had given us more space. But equally made sure to spend quality time with just me. Maybe they knew that in a matter of months this could all come to an end if I chose to leave California for school or work (or the circus!)

Sat in class with Ella and Grace, our teacher walked in. The girls and I were laughing about something the boys said at lunch time. 

"Quieten down girls" our teacher said 

We did. 

"Today everyone we are going to be thinking about the future. What you want to do. What you want to be. Where you want to go." she continued "Today is not about finalising your decision. But it is about having a think about what you need to do now, in order to make those thoughts a reality" 

Oh crap. Why did I find this so hard. I think I was leaning towards going travelling. Taking some time out to really decide what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. 

Our teacher set out loads of books, colleges, travel guides and let us use the class computers too. We were told to research our different options, see what grades we needed to get for colleges we liked. Look at costs for having a travel year. Find out what was realistic or not. 

By the end of the class I think I had made my decision. 

"Well i never thought I would see the day when miss indecisive actually made a decision" Ella linked arms with me and laugh

"Oh shut it you" I said laughing back "I just hope I am making the right choice" I sighed.

"You and lover boy will be just fine" mentioned Grace walking alongside us "He'll either want to go with you or he will wait for you"

"Speak for yourself!" I responded "What about you and Jace?"

"We have nothing like you guys do. Not yet anyway. I think we are just seeing how it goes. I guess it's more of a friends with benefits situation at the minute" Grace chuckled 

"Gross" I said making a disgust face. Not wanting to speak any more about Grace and Jace's 'benefits' I continued "I just need to break the news to Noah now"

I sighed. Would he really drop everything here in California for me? I know he said he would. But doing something and saying something are two very different things. I didn't want to ask him to either, and I certainly didn't expect him too. But would my new plans be so much better with Noah in them? Yes. 

Noah was out at a work event that evening. Something to do with making clients happy and involved in his business, to get them to invest more... 

I was sat with my brothers around the table. 

"So I think I have decided what I want to do after school" I spoke up after finishing my food 

"Oh yeah, what's that then?" asked Seb. Jace also looked towards me intrigued with my answer. They knew I was having struggles deciding what to do, so It probably felt a bit out of the blue to them to finally have come to a decision. 

"Well I don't know long term. That's still a thought in progress" I laughed nervously. "I think I am going to go travelling. See the world and all that"

"That's a great idea sis. I am proud of you" said Jace leaning over kissing my cheek

"I just want to go exploring before my life starts you know. Before I have to work hard and settle down" I smiled. Now sure of my decision.

There was only one person left to tell. 

How would Noah take Mays's decision? Will he choose to go with her or will he get stopped before by a concerned brother? 

What will happen next! Update soon.