chapter 11.50

Run. Hide. Mommy wasn't allowed to find her.
Her leg still hurt a lot. Her foot was still in a weird angle to the side and she knew that touching would make her scream out in pain.
It hurt a lot.
Adelaide hurt a lot.
Adelaide was hiding.
Hiding from pain.
Uncle Tommy came by again and Adelaide was ready. If there was one thing Adelaide had learned from her sister it would be this.

How to stab someone with a fork. Hard.

Uncle Tommy had dragged her to the guest room again. He didn't lock the door. He never did. Not after the first time.
He thought she would be obedient. He thought she would keep to his side.
But he thought wrong.
He was wrong.

Adelaide showed him that when she stabbed him in the shoulder. And when he screamed it out she stabbed him in the other shoulder before running away.
Candace had punished her for it. Adelaide now had a painful knee and a broken ankle, but it was worth it. She finally made him scream.

She made the man scream, the way she did so many times.
But this time, Candace was ready. Uncle Tommy came by again.
But he was not alone.
He would never again come alone after today.
He would always bring his icky friends.
Adelaide was even more afraid because she did not have anything to protect her with.
Adelaide was currently hiding behind some old boxes in the attic.
She would be safe here.
They wouldn't be able to find her here.
They wouldn't find her.
She would only need to wait until sunrise.

"Oh sweetheart. There you are."