2. Sending

Jessie Cross -

"Who knew kindness lived in your dark soul Jess?" Rowan teased.

"I'm not sure." I shrugged sipping my beer.

"She was a cute girl." Owen said.

"Her friends are demented." I shook my head.

"You know what you should do?" Owen asked me and I looked at him.

"Send her a book everyday with a note. Or every other day. Who knows what she's going through and she's totally your type." He said and I shrugged.

"I'm not sure what she likes. I've barely seen her." I acknowledged.

"Your eyes were on her all night. She was the charm that got you first." Rowan winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

"We've all been in the presence of a good looking girl it's fine." I finished the beer.

"She's a sweetheart. Come on Jess. We won't tell anyone you do it if that's what your worried about." Owen said.

"I don't care if people know I've just seen her for a few hours and doing this may seem creepy." I said validly.

"Tell her on a note. She'll like the books." Rowan said and I nodded.

"Tonight." I agreed.

"Andddd tomorrow night we're going to the club with those chicks." Rowan hissed nervous.

"Fine." I nodded.

"They're bringing her." Owen said.

"Better." I didn't change my tone but they knew it wasn't sarcastic.

-

Maybe a theme. Like what she reminds me of? That's cliche.

I looked around the large store that smelt of paper and light perfumes with espresso piercing the air.

I looked at the fiction area and examined everything there. I got stares as I went through.

Perfect Chemistry Simone Elkeles

I walked out with it after paying and got in my car grabbing a paper from a notebook and a pen.

This is weird asf I'm aware. I don't know, you intrigue me. Maybe we could talk tomorrow night if your attending the club. I apologize for the weirdness.
- Jessie Cross

I folded the sheet and wrapped the book and note in blue tissue paper.

I went to her small house and knocked before running and driving away.

I hope to one day see her reaction to a book I provide.

I don't even like books but the way she looked at the pages makes me want to like them.

Maybe staring at her for a few hours was a bad idea. She just made it so easy to study her when she was so entranced.

I would hate to think this but if it wasn't for that vile man, I might not have had these small opportunities.

-

"Ro, Owen dinner!" I yelled even though it was like midnight and they came down.

"Did you do it?" Owen asked.

"I did." I nodded.

"I hope you guys talk tomorrow. We've been talking and we ship it." Rowan chuckled.

"Shut the hell up and eat." I said seriously as I ate myself.

Spaghetti and garlic toast hit different at night.

"So good." Owen said and Rowan nodded.