A Change of Behavior

The next day, following the amazing performances by Jenny Lind and Rara, needless to say things were not going smoothly for Barnum and Bailey Circus. Phineas was so engaged with setting up Miss Lind's next performance he was completely ignoring his duties as co-owner of the circus. Whenever matters came up regarding future shows, he'd always shove them on Erik and Philip while he kept his focus on climbing the social ladder in New York. And then it only got even worse from there...

Phineas had announced he was going on tour around the country to manage Jenny as she performed. To say both Philip and Erik were none too pleased to hear the news would've been a major understatement. Hence why they found themselves trying to talk to Barnum about it, as the next show was being set up and Barnum unfurled a large promotional poster for Jenny Lind on his desk.

"Why can't you just put more shows in New York?" Philip asked him. "Why do you need to tour the country?"

"Why did Napoleon march on Russia?" Phineas retorted.

"I'd like to point out that Napoleon was 'defeated' in that invasion," Erik reminded his partner.

"Napoleon didn't have a 60-piece orchestra."

"A 60-piece orchestra?"

"Just get the cheapest musicians you can and watch that."

"We'll still have to board them," Erik reminded Phineas. "It's not as simple as you make it out to be."

"We'll get married ones," Phineas suggested. "They can share a bunk."

Just before leaving the office, Phineas turned back and noticed O'Malley messing with his daughter's piggy bank.

"O'Malley, that's Caroline's piggy bank," He reminded, as they left.

Out in the main performance ring, many of the troupe were rehearsing for their acts that night. Fluttershy's main job was working with the animals of the show. Currently, she was trying to calm an upset elephant who refused to eat. She tried to gently encourage him to eat, but the gentle giant simply refused.

"Aw, come on now Titan," She encouraged kindly. "We got you some nice quality hay and grass. I promise you'll love it."

Titan the elephant just waved his trunk around and knocked the cart of hay and grass off to the side much to the Pegasus's surprise.

"What's wrong big guy?" Fluttershy asked. "You've been like this for days; it's not healthy for you. Just tell me how to make it better for you and I will. I promise."

Titan just moved his giant head toward the direction of the upper walkway. It was then Fluttershy noticed Barnum, Erik, and Philip continuing on with their conversation.

"Custom sets?" Philip questioned.

"Yeah," Phineas nodded.

"Fireworks?" Erik continued.

"Uh-huh."

"Inside theaters?"

"That's genius!" Barnum smiled.

"No. Hey, P.T.!" Philip called after Phineas. "These are the most famous theaters in the country. They make you buy the seats in advance just to book them—"

"Yeah, I took out a loan," Phineas interrupted.

"Not to mention we'd have to pay Miss Lind in advance," Erik added. "She's certainly not cheap to book—"

"It was a large loan, okay?" Phineas interrupted again.

"My point is you won't see a penny of profit until your 40th show..."