1: A New 'World'?

Small Trigger warning// swear words(is censored), mention of blood
————————————————————————
A damp wooden ceiling stared back at her, her head still pounding after just waking up from an assumingly uncomfortable slumber. Surroundings battered by the rain and weather, she started slowly standing up. Brushing away the leftover dirt and mud that clung onto her thin clothes, silently observing nearby surroundings.

It was a rotting barn left away to perish on its own.Walls full of cracks and mold, troughs, moss and stacks of wheat still lying on the ground, it all seems that this place has been unused for a long period of time. The calming sound of water rushing suddenly billowed, causing the girl to cautiously walk outside. A riverbed sat nearby, with unbelievably clear water rushing.

The young lady slowly sat down heading for a drink, and a strangers reflection appeared on the light blue surface. A girl with light blonde hair ,seeming to be made out of streaks of bright light, lavender eyes staring into the rocks on the riverbed, bangs on her left dripping down her delicate pale face. She seems no younger than an actual adult, yet no older than an innocent child.

"Wha- WHAT THE FU*K?!?!"

The teen shouted, birds scurrying away at the sound of it, flying away from the dark oak trees. Violently slapping her porcelain coloured face in hope of it was all a dream, but the subtle pain shows that it is all a reality.

"Ugh, ow... What in the ever living world is this place, and who the h*ll is this-"

Staring back at the liquid surface, searching her brain for people who fit this unfamiliar face. Of course, it ended without success.

Finally standing up, heading to wander around the forest surrounding the leftover barn. Trees tall and huge were everywhere, bushes scattered around the perimeter. Although the forest seems huge and timely to hike out of it, it was actually fairly easy to find clues of a path nearby.Clearing out a path and a few bushes away, silently walking on the thin road, spotting a small cottage a few miles away. Patches of grass and fields around it, 2 elders worked away, mowing the damp soil. One of the figures suddenly stopping, a hunched back walking back to the house.

The girl knows that there's something called stranger danger, but what could a feeble elderly couple do anything to her ,right? She silently approached the old lady that still stood in the fields, still minding her own business, not paying even a hint of attention towards the teenager.

"U-um- Hello there-?"

The old lady slowly moving her head towards her like a tortoise, showing a warm friendly face aged by time.

"My, my, it's been quite some time since I saw someone around these places... So, what can I do for you my dear?"

Stunned by her straightforward question, as if she knew what the young girl most definately needed something from her. Her mind searching from the one of the millions of questions she wanted to ask.

"Uhh- Where is this place if I may ask?"

"Lencas of course, the smallest city in all of Concragnia. Are you a traveller, young lady? You don't seem to know this place too well."

The young girls thoughts immediately went into action, "huh- I never heard about this place in my life... quite indeed strange..." Although trying to seem calm in front of people, her small movements still showed that she is quite frustrated.

"Uh, yeahh... By the way, what is the year right now?"

"The year 4040 dear, you do have some interesting questions, don't you?" Her wrinkled face raising an eyebrow and gently smiling, sentence dripping with sarcasm.