Amber

The drive to the Kingsleys house was a slow one, as I intended it so. As the head of the company, I should be setting an example by showing up on time. This however, is giving me a hard time. Maybe because I have crossed a line not too long ago, or that a client had kissed me or the fact that I actually...liked it.

A series of cars honking me awoken me from my thoughts, rightfully so as I almost collided with another vehicle.

"Shit!" I swerved and gripped the steering wheel tight, blinking and trying to steady my rapid heart beat.

Have I mentioned it was raining? Cause it was, hard.

The drenched gravel didn't help in controlling how the tires rolled and screeched, I got through my senses and finally managed to drive steadily now. I parked on the side, just to calm down for a bit.
There's no use in prolonging the journey there though, in the end I'll have to face her, I thought as I set the gears to drive again.

Not long I see a familiar driveway and parked on the curb. Never thought a girl can actually make me think of missing an appointment. I grab my bag and cursed under my breath, swearing I had an umbrella in here as an emergency.

*sigh* "Gabby" only she would take stuff from me without permission, which made me think of adding a few more chores on her contract. My mouth curls into a smirk at the thought, looking forward to something tomorrow already.

I took my bag then clutched it to my chest to possibly cover it from being drenched as I ready myself. I quickly open my door and head out, closing it behind me as I sprint to the front porch, then clicked on the car key to lock it automatically. I managed not to get any water on my bag, my clothes however, we not so lucky. Sighing, I knock on the door and waited for someone to open it. A smiling Mr. Kingsley opens it, then steps aside to usher me in.

"Oh you poor thing." he says, noticing my state. "Hold on, Cat! Can you grab me a fresh towel!"

"Oh no sir, I'm fine. That won't be necessary, thank you" he scoffs playfully and tells me to wait. After a few minutes, footsteps could be heard going down the stairs and towards us.

"Dad, why did you- oh um" she says, eyeing me top to bottom. Her dad chuckled then pushed her gently forward.

"I'll be back girls, it's almost my shift and I need to prepare some things" he leaves, heading I don't know where as she stands in front of me.

"Sorry um here" she says, handing it to me which I mumble a thanks then put my bag down, pulling my hair up and starts to wipe the cloth on my neck then as much as I can on my back. I forgot her presence a bit, but when I lift up my shirt I hear her gasp softly.

"Could I use the bathroom?" she clears her throat and points upstairs without saying a word. I nod and took my bag with me then headed up. As I got to the bathroom I smile to myself unknowingly and start pulling my shirt off, luckily I brought an extra with me. (A/n: pic above)

After freshening up, I headed downstairs to find her on the couch watching another show, her thumb on her lips but as I walked closer, I could see she was biting on her nail, seemingly anxious. When I reach the sofa, flashes of light can be seen through the window, making the brunette flinch. She tried acting like it was nothing but her body looked too tense.

I took a seat at the other end of the couch, not wanting to make her uncomfortable. Just then, Mr. Kingsley emerges from his office in a haste.

"Sorry girls, running a bit late now. Cat, money's on the counter in case you need anything and Amber, please look out for her." I hear a groan from her, watching as she pulls her knees to her chest, arms crossed atop of them while I just mod.