7.2 | But You Had Me

Valarie read:

Valarie read:

Hi friends,

I wish I had a bigger update to share with you all. I wish I was here to tell you that we finally found that last piece of evidence, that big breakthrough that will paint a clear picture of what happened to Grace Bell just over two years ago on the night of June 5th. Unfortunately, that news is not today's news.

For those of you who may be new to Grace's case, I would recommend watching @JaceyLang's recent video on it. I believe Jacey has done a remarkable job of detailing the case in her typical kind, respectful fashion. Her platform has already done wonders to bring even more of a spotlight onto Grace's disappearance.

The YouTube video was linked to in the post. The thumbnail was a crowded image of Grace and another raven-haired woman–presumably Jacey Lang–making a shocked face while... also doing her make-up? That seemed weird, but the video appeared to have almost half a million views. Valarie kept reading.

In short, Grace Bell was eighteen years old and living with her twenty year old boyfriend Jared Kent in a basement apartment in the Annex district in downtown Toronto when she disappeared. She was last seen by security cameras at roughly 11:45 pm on June 5th as she was walking home from a trip to a nearby convenience store. In the footage, she does not appear to be under any type of duress or under the influence of any substances.

Jared Kent claimed Grace never made it back home. However, there are a number of highly troubling sides to this case that suggest foul play, including Jared's failure to report Grace missing for a full three days afterwards, his personal history of violence, and the alleged destruction of key evidence. As of my writing this, Jared Kent nor anybody else has been charged in connection to Grace's disappearance.

The reason for this post is due to reports regarding a possible connection between Alice Bell and Theodora Kent, who were seen in close proximity by a friend of this page, alongside a third woman identified as Valentine, NS local Valarie Ricci. Bell appeared to drive off with Ricci following an encounter with Kent outside Kent's home.

Valarie gasped. They had a picture of her van, of Ithaca, of her and Theo, of her and Alice. Something cold creeped up her spine. It must have been the purple-haired woman, the one Theo had called Miss. Citizen Detective. She felt like she could be sick.

Although we have little information about the nature of this encounter, one does have to admit that it looks rather odd. I have been in touch with the Bell family on many occasions–seriously, who the hell was this Natasha woman? Her name was an itch at the back of Valarie's head–and they are all firmly outraged by the baseless internet speculation that has surrounded Alice Bell, particularly the theories that she may have been involved with her sister's disappearance. Although logistically unlikely due to a lack of evidence and the fact that Alice was in a different province at the time, many internet sleuths remain committed to the theory.