Birthday Cake

S a g e

It's been twelve years since my mother's death. Life has been so challenging without my mother. I was four when she passed away so I don't remember what she looked like but on her birthday Austin, Daniel, and I light a candle for my mother.

Austin gives me pictures of her and to tell you the truth she was stunning, like a model, I really want her back.

I don't know how to act, I don't know what to say when I visit her tombstone, I tell her about my day and about Daniel if she remembers him.

To be honest I have this big huge crush on Daniel If you wondering he has a girlfriend and he dates most of the girls in the school. he's the hottest man I ever met, of course, he's taken.

Austin, Has been a wreck, he lost his jobs over the years and he can't put the lighter away. He started drinking again about a year ago.

So did Daniel. He started drinking and going to parties and getting high. So I would go and bring him back home in his bed.

Today is my 17th birthday but I'm not feeling it today.

I just want to die and see my mother again.

"Hey" I hear a knock on the door, I turn my head and see Daniel. I smile "Hi," I say as he walks towards me and when he sits on my bed he hands me a present.

I smile and feel tears coming but I keep it in. "You didn't need to waste your money on me," I say and he siles "Nonsense, you're my best friend if course I will get you a birthday gift"

His phone dings and his eyes widen "Clara's here bye" he hugs me and walks out. Clara's Daniel's girlfriend.

I open the wrapped box and smile when I see a beautiful necklace with a picture of me smiling next to Daniel when we were kids. I see words carved behind the necklace.

Sage and Daniel Forever

I remember when Daniel and I were really close. I miss what we had.
Now, we barely talk to each other.

I miss the old Daniel. Now he's the schools hottest kid and he parties and smokes all the time.

I try my best to be good for my mom. I just don't know what to say I don't know her. I don't remember her voice.

I don't know...my mother.

And I don't think I ever will again.

Because that is something I lost a along time ago. I lost my mother.

••••••

"Sage!" I open my eyes when I hear Austin yell my name.

I put on a hoodie and walk downstairs. "Yeah?" I say but no one answers. I cover my mouth when I see Daniel with a bloody face and blood everywhere.

"Oh my god What happened?" I ask "just get the first aid kit" Daniel snaps.

I run to the kitchen and grab the kit.

I pass it to him and Austin lays Daniel on the couch.

I sit next to Daniel "you ok?" I ask.

"Just shut up Sage" he winced in pain. I nod my head. I open my mouth but close it when Daniel says "just get away from me"

I nod my head and walk to my room.

No body wants me anymore...

I grab my bucket and look for the scissors. "No one needs me" I say and lock my door.

No one wants me.